Thread: Spear Fisherman

Default Spear Fisherman

Please keep a lookout for spear fisherman on the American River. There were 3 this morning and they were hiding their guns (probably not the sling type but illegal ones). They tried to strike up a conversation with me as I came by but I was to pissed off to even speak. The fact that this is allowed in a wonderful river like the A.R. is beyond belief.
    HATCH

The thing is they can have regular guns if they come up from the Sac( which I'm sure they didn't ). Don't bother calling the rangers either, last time my buddy did they said it's not worth the resources to ticket them when they are just gonna beat the ticket in court. It's ridiculous really.
    Might as well start duck hunting on the American, since that would be ok based on the same reasons spearfishing is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Please keep a lookout for spear fisherman on the American River. There were 3 this morning and they were hiding their guns (probably not the sling type but illegal ones). ....The fact that this is allowed in a wonderful river like the A.R. is beyond belief.
    HATCH
    Please thank your lump of shit California department of Fish and Wildlife .

Along w/ the mlpa insanity .... this is the other reason why I have little desire to fish here in this , the State where I was born ... and the State where I've payed for the 'privilege' of C&R Fish since it was legal for me to do so .

Spearfishing is a MARINE form of Hunting , it has no place being practiced in freshwater - Stripers are almost tame up in the rivers .... my Wife has had many swim right up to her while she was diving . Why not spear hatchery Salmon and Steelhead while you're at it ?? Same thing , in my Eyes .....

Disgusting .

D.~