Thread: Rooster's are hanging at the light house 6/12

Default Rooster's are hanging at the light house 6/12

Well, Don & luke found a couple roosters hanging off the lighthouse beach today. I wasn't there to tag the fish, dang it. So far not a lot of roosters have been tagged. Not that many caught. Dorado continued to eat ballyhoo and flies. Tomorrow is the last day of my trip and looking forward to the HOT Fresno weather and a swim in the pool. Then it's back to work, scheduling the bookings for next year.

Rooster around 25lbs

Don's big rooster 60+lbs

I'm waiting for more photo's

Jay

Here's a couple more photo's

Bill with a small dorado - released. Check out the dorsal fin. Something took a bite out of it

Check out the break at the light house point. The waves were around 8' and started breaking before the point
    This wave has broke far from the point and continuing up the beach. Where's the surfboard

Here's a double wave one behind the other. I was also to the waves were breaking on the beach in Muertos. Some captains used the concrete ramp to launch this morning. Hopefully tomorrow morning if it's breaking like that I'll have some video footage

Enjoy

Jay
    Last edited by Baja Fly Fisher; 06-12-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added photo's

Yeah Don! Big roo roo! Whats with gaff and circle hook?

Default Pez Gallooooo....

Holy Cats, Don!!!.... That's a big Rooster. We didn't try the lighthouse area for some reason. Guess it was the lack of having Ladyfish for live bait. I've gotta figure out a pattern for a Ladyfish fly.

We caught 3 smaller versions on flies, tho. Our captain tagged each one. Cool stuff....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Aloha Guys, Luke and I doubled up on those roosters. We caught a bunch of mahi last week, but I came here for roosters. We tried casting to them, but they just aren't around in numbers due to a lack of sardinas, We caught live lady fish and had them on circle hooks, the hook goes to the corner and the fish were released swimming strong. Jay just left for belize, and my friends come in this evening. I will post reports for our week. I hope we get a chance to get some pez gallo on the fly, but we are going to catch fish while we are here. Even with out sardinas it is still a wonderful fishery. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Hey Don,
    Those are really nice roosters keep the reports coming ,I'll be down there in a couple weeks can't want! Have a great trip!
    Jim May

Don, you are in heaven buddy! Fishing LaPaz with your boy and getting slimed by Grande Pez Gallo. What more could ya want? Hope you stick a beast on da fly