Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We lost one of our own Monday - Shigspeed

Scott was such a good dude, I'm a bit crushed right now and in the last 10 years cancer has taken away more good friends and family than I care to admit. Shig always had a stillwater question for me, we would go back and forth through various emails about the finer points of Lake Davis. We planned a trip at LD for the end of June knowing his cancer was going to get worse, I wish we could have done it sooner. Yeah, he'll be with us in spirit when we are fishing, not some of the time, but all the time.

Shigspeed forever.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

I never had the privilege of meeting Scott face to face, but only via PMs and the like. Definitely one of the good guys. A helpful, humble and creative man. He will be sorely missed. My best to his family, friends and all who knew him.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

Mike O Guest

I don't know what to say...so I will say, Peace

He had one of our most popular posts ever, reaching 39,690 views and 219 comments.

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...highlight=shig
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

That is really a loss. From what I read of his posts on the website he was quite an innovator and always seemed very helpful.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Terribly sad news. He'd beaten it back so many times I just assumed he'd do it again. Doing all he did while battling cancer makes him the toughest guy I've ever known.

While fishing Seco a couple of years ago Shig wanted to see my view of the fish when I stand up in my pram so out there in the middle of the bay, wearing waders and with a rod in hand he stood up with a foot on each side of his tube. What was equally amazing was that he managed to sit back down again without falling in.

Missing him already.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Bill - If it isn't asking too much..can the superlight packin tube thread be made a sticky? Thank you for considering. -Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    He had one of our most popular posts ever, reaching 39,690 views and 219 comments.

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...highlight=shig
    Last edited by Blueracer; 06-04-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Like many on this board I enjoyed and will miss the posts shared by Scott. When someone like Scott or just recently Bill Lowe passes away it is a reminder to all of us that our time on earth will also come to an end and none of us are guaranteed any more time than we already have been given. I’m sure that seems like a stupid, obvious statement but we all like to put that thought in the very back of our minds. When people we know pass away it comes more into focus.

In discussions on this topic many folks make comments like “just means you need to get out there and fish every possible chance you can.” These are times when it is important to remind everybody just how short our time on earth is compared to eternity. Even if we live to a ripe old age of say 90 fishing all that time, it is just a “spec” of time compared to eternity. It is really important, critical actually that everybody look at their life and understands there is a God, he created everything and the decisions we make during our short lifetime here determine how and where we spend eternity.

As a Christian I know when I do leave this world I will be going to a “wonderful place nicer than the most beautiful trout waters anywhere in the world! “ I know that sounds kind of crazy but it is true. It will not happen because of any “wonderful, good things” I have done in my life. It will happen because I have my faith in Christ as my savior for his death on the cross for my sins and all the sins of mankind everywhere. There is more to being a Christian than just that belief but that is where it all starts.

I wanted to share this e-mail with my fly fishing friends here while the passing of Scott and Bill Lowe are fresh in our minds. I do not know where everybody stands with their beliefs but hope you know there is a God who created everything and a savior Jesus Christ who died for our sins so that we have the opportunity for salvation and a wonderful eternal life when we pass from this earthly life. I would be very happy to communicate with any of you further on the subject of Christianity or my faith as a Christian or anything related via e-mail or personal message as well.

Many thanks to Keene’s board and to all of you affected by the passing of a fly fishing friend for letting me share my faith here with all of you. Im closing I want to share two bible verses with you here.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Thanks again, Bluegrassbillward@gmail.com
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

I also never got to meet shig in person. Converesed on the board and followed his tube project. Would have love to see his pram project come to life. My heart goes out to his family and friends. He will definately be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Bill View Post
    Like many on this board I enjoyed and will miss the posts shared by Scott. When someone like Scott or just recently Bill Lowe passes away it is a reminder to all of us that our time on earth will also come to an end and none of us are guaranteed any more time than we already have been given. I’m sure that seems like a stupid, obvious statement but we all like to put that thought in the very back of our minds. When people we know pass away it comes more into focus.

In discussions on this topic many folks make comments like “just means you need to get out there and fish every possible chance you can.” These are times when it is important to remind everybody just how short our time on earth is compared to eternity. Even if we live to a ripe old age of say 90 fishing all that time, it is just a “spec” of time compared to eternity. It is really important, critical actually that everybody look at their life and understands there is a God, he created everything and the decisions we make during our short lifetime here determine how and where we spend eternity.

As a Christian I know when I do leave this world I will be going to a “wonderful place nicer than the most beautiful trout waters anywhere in the world! “ I know that sounds kind of crazy but it is true. It will not happen because of any “wonderful, good things” I have done in my life. It will happen because I have my faith in Christ as my savior for his death on the cross for my sins and all the sins of mankind everywhere. There is more to being a Christian than just that belief but that is where it all starts.

I wanted to share this e-mail with my fly fishing friends here while the passing of Scott and Bill Lowe are fresh in our minds. I do not know where everybody stands with their beliefs but hope you know there is a God who created everything and a savior Jesus Christ who died for our sins so that we have the opportunity for salvation and a wonderful eternal life when we pass from this earthly life. I would be very happy to communicate with any of you further on the subject of Christianity or my faith as a Christian or anything related via e-mail or personal message as well.

Many thanks to Keene’s board and to all of you affected by the passing of a fly fishing friend for letting me share my faith here with all of you. Im closing I want to share two bible verses with you here.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Thanks again, Bluegrassbillward@gmail.com

A thousand thumbs up!