Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We lost one of our own Monday - Shigspeed

Default We lost one of our own Monday - Shigspeed

Monday afternoon Shigspeed AKA Scott Shigashi lost his battle with cancer. Not many knew but Shig had been fighting cancer for a year or so. For those that knew Shig, he was a great man, a great father, a great brother, and a loving husband. Words can not express what he meant to so many. He is a kind and wonderful person with a heart of gold. Never one to turn away a friend or a stranger. He took me to places I would have never gone if it wasn't for him pushing me. He took me to my first golden trout, for which I will always be thankful. He took me and taught me about how to be a great backpacker and he also taught me what a good friend can be. It pains me to know that I will never have my buddy with me again in body on the water and on the trail. But he will always be with me in spirit. With life you never know what to expect or what can happen, but because of him I will always live in the moment and cherish every memory we have made together. Rest in Peace my buddy, I look forward to seeing you again in the future on a stream up their sky high.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I am shocked - Shig was a good guy , I had no idea he had been ill .

Condolences to Scotts' Family and Friends -

David

I knew Scott from the shop, good guy. Sorry to hear about the news.

Sorry to heard about Scott. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. RIP!

Shared a few PM's and emails with Scott. He was one of the most helpful members of the Kiene fourm.
    Best to his family and friends. He will be missed by so many.
    Best to all,
    Larry S

Oh man, so sorry to here that I recall him mentioning the "C" word one time in a post a couple years ago. I had always wondered how things had gone with treatment. His continued participation without another mention of it made me think he'd kicked the "old man"

Thoughts and prayers for his family

I only shared emails and communication on this forum with him but even through that limited contact I could tell he was one of the good ones.
    My condolences to those of you that new him well and my thanks to Scott for the kind words of sendoff.

That is very tragic news. We conversed a few times and always enjoyed his conversations.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Sad new, prayers go out to his family. Always enjoyed reading his posts as it seemed like he had a true enthusiasm for the sport, the outdoors, and life in general. All the good ones go to soon.

So very sorry to hear the news. My condolences to his family and friends.

Bob