Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We lost one of our own Monday - Shigspeed

What a kick in the gut.
    I never got to meet Scott, except through the forum and pm's. IMHO, he was one Hell of a Guy. Did a lot of fishing that should make a lot of us(myself included) embarrassed that we haven't done/don't do, while putting up a damn good fight at the same time. On top of that, the Engineer in him always kept him going, making his own super light weight tube, trying to design and build a pram, rod racks, etc. And, he was always(as far as I know) willing to help a person who asked.

Scott, good on ya for all that you did and tried to do. I'll heft a wee dram in your honor.

My condolences to his family and friends.
    Last edited by Phil Synhorst; 06-04-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Cancer sucks...godspeed Shig. Condolences to his friends and family. First fish today is in your honor.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Very sad news, I too had a few emails and PMs back and forth with him. He is up there catching hundreds of 12# browns on his favorite lake or river.

Scott was a class act. I'm sad to hear he couldn't beat the cancer. I never met him personally but I have one of his float tubes and we PM'd and emailed fishing reports. I will say Scott V is paying it forward, Just like _SHig would get him out on the water, I posted one time about getting skunked at Lake Davis and Scott V pm'd me and we hooked up for a day of fishing. Now I'll have to pay it forward to someone else. RIP _SHig

Very sad, but thanks for posting this Scott. When I first started looking at Shig's ultralite float tube posts, I thought- man this guy has got it going on! He must have an engineering background and then some. I thought- wow, there are some smart people in this world. Obviously a very talented man, one we needed to keep around.
    Bob

So sorry to hear this. I only knew Shig through his posts. His love of the sport and his desire to innovate were so apparent. Reading about the development of his ultralight float tube was highly entertaining. I would eagerly await his next post to see how it was developing. He seemed like such a great guy and I would loved to have met him. Now I am kicking myself that I didn't get off my hind end and buy one of his tubes. Scott - Thank you for your eloquent writing about your loss. The good ones seem to go way too soon.
    Gregg

I pulled some of the better pictures I have from outings with Shig.

Just click: https://plus.google.com/photos/11399...81623828871281

I haven't been on here for some time, life got sort of busy, I just read this news. When I first got into fly fishing I used to read post written by SHig, he influenced me greatly. He and I shared numerous PM's, and even eventually fished together. He was a very kind person. This is very sad news, and sad I missed the services. RIP SHig!
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman