Thread: Truckee Area Guide Suggestion & Fishing Report!

Default Truckee Area Guide Suggestion & Fishing Report!

Guide Suggestion: Fished with Brian Slusser of Four Seasons Fly Fishing & we had a blast! We fished lakes, Bocas & 3 different rivers in the Truckee area over 2 days & found fish on every piece of water we fished this weekend. For anyone looking for a guide in the Truckee area, Brian is a pleasure to fish with, has vast knowledge of the area & an arsenal of different water to fish depending on the season & what the Angler is looking for. Brian is proficient in various styles of fishing including dry fly techniques, various nymphing techniques, spey fishing techniques & has multiple boats opening up a ton of water in the area. In addition, Brian is a Certified casting instructor so he can help you with all sorts of casting & fishing instruction. If you are looking to learn/explore/fish the Truckee area I would suggest you contact Brian Slusser at Four Seasons fly fishing & Book a trip. You can book Brian through Kienes Fly Shop as he is one of the shops expert guides in the area!

Fishing Report As I said above, we caught fish in every piece of water we fished. The best part for me was every fish I personally stuck was on a dry fly! Depending on the water we fished, fish were keyed in on PMD's, Blue Wing Olives, Lg Ant patterns & Midges to name a few. As for nymphing, we put droppers off our dry flies including sz 12-18 Pheasant Tails, Brassies, Prince nymphs & so forth. For any of your fly or fly tying needs, I would highly suggest visiting Kiene's Fly Shop before you go!

http://www.flyfishingtruckee-tahoe.com/

Following are a few pics from our successful trip, Cheers!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4831.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	9001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4824.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	9002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4823.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	9003  
    Last edited by Bryce Tedford; 05-20-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Nice report Bryce! Brian is always a pleasure to fish, work and hang out with. He has been a great help to me in furthering my career as a guide as well as learning to row. Glad you had a great time!

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Back when we had the Truckee River Outfitters fly shop, whenever we had overflow, Brian was the first guide we called. A great guide and one of the most versatile in the area. Thanks for sharing your good times!
    My little fishing/fly tying blog- http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com/

Have fished with Brian on several occasions and always had a good experience.