Thread: Friday (last day) Report

Default Friday (last day) Report

The group just got in…. Good news
    The bite turned on today. Lot's of dorado from chicken size up to 23lbs. Steve took the honors today with the big bull. The group of 4 probably caught in the neighborhood of 75 to 80 dorado. Also, here's some more news on catching. A marlin was caught inside Muertos Bay. Damn, I knew I should've went out today to shoot some video. Hopefully this bite keeps up and gets better. The weather today: right now105 degrees and 5 MPH wind. Muertos Bay in the background to the right
    Tonight…..Azul Marino

Jay

Aloha Jay, that is great news. That sounds like some awesome mahi action. Did the bait show up or were the mahi at the shark buoys?
    I hope the fishing gets hotter and the temperatures cool off. See you in a couple of weeks, Don
    Don Memmer

Hi Jay -

Glad the fishing is turning on... Some of us are just starting to get ready for Loreto now and your reports keep getting better and better. Is it unusual to catch a Marlin in the bay? How deep of water was that Marlin caught in? Have you starting to see any Sardina of note? What about sargasso? I am curious about the sargasso in particular since we have had such a mild winter on the west coast and I am wondering what effect that has had on the sargasso getting dislodged and on the move (or not).

OK.. no more questions. For now

- Matt Z.

Mems, I think the weather will be toasty when you get here. The fish were caught around the buoys outside Muertos Bay. No one has ventured way out the the "88". A couple boats have been to the island but found no bait. There are/were fish around the Roca Montana. So far the only bait is ballyhoo. Efren did see some sardines, not sardine's. Those are like the Monterey sardines
    Heard there is some bait in the east cape at La Ribera but inside the harbor, no one has access to them.
    Matt, very unusual to catch a marlin in Muertos. the depth of the water is around 40' if that. LIke mentioned above no sardine's around the la Paz area, but it could change any day
    The bad news is the trawlers had their limit for sardine's double so that should wipe out the population real quick. I guess if you pay the government enough they will bend over. NO sargasso around at least not in this area. El nino is suppose to be stronger staring around mid july but who knows
    Gotta run to dinner

Jay

Thanks for the encouraging reports!! Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"