Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Local fly fishing guide, Bill Lowe, passes while guiding yesterday.

Bill he was my hero and I told him so! I met Bill in 1989 at a fly fishing class at FFS off Bradshaw. We were both Sac State grads working in the real estate field. We both hated it, as most people do early in their first real jobs, but he had the balls to quit real estate and take up fly fishing full time. That took a lot of courage. He told me that he told Michelle that he was not the man she married as long as he stayed in real estate. He told me he never looked back. It is truly a lucky man to make a living out of what they love to do. I admired that about him. We enjoyed a few trips and he recently taught me to spey cast. I am deeply saddened and sorry for his wife and family. He will be missed. I think I will take the rest of the day off and go fishing.

Here is a great photo taken by Andy Guibord of Bill out Shad fishing on the Lower American River.

He was in amazing physical condition.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill Lowe.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	8990

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill was very generous with his time......I spent a lot of time takling to him before my first two hand rod purchase several years ago......he really got me dialed in on on a sweet casting setup. His enthusiam was contagious. My condolences to his family and to anyone who had the honor to know him. My next day on the river will be for BIll.

Sincerely,

Michael Oliver