Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local fly fishing guide, Bill Lowe, passes while guiding yesterday.

This is just - WOW! A great friend and one of the greatest guides I know!! A true gentlemen and also had a smile on his face. Kirsten & I will have Michelle and the whole Lowe family in our prayers!! I will miss him!!!
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Bill Lowe was a great person & teacher. I really enjoyed watching
    & learning from his spey casting videos. He had such a way of simplifying the
    Way of teaching spey casting.
    Just a solid guy. R I P Bill!

Man that is upsetting news such a great guy, he was so much fun to learn from and just talk to.

It's hard to describe what a special person Bill was. There was not a more "up" guy to be around. Early this morning when the sun was just reaching the horizon I was just finishing a long run when this blue bird comes and lands by my feet. Somehow I had a special feeling inside. Bill, all is well and we will remember you my friend.

This is so very difficult to imagine...
    Every time I saw him on the water or at a show, he was such a gracious and enthusiastic individual who always remembered me...
    I am deeply saddened to learn of his departure so prematurely but I know he will greet me enthusiastically when I and any other local Sacramento fly fishers cast their last cast...
    Rest in Peace, Bill, I look forward to seeing you again in the not so distant future...
    Last edited by Don Powell; 05-06-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Last years shad season saw Bill on the water quite a bit. He would always stop by and chat with my brother and I. Its a shock to me to hear that he passed away. Jeff Ching informed me today and it took a bit to sink in! As I told Jeff life is short and if you have a passion for this sport of fishing go out and do it because one day you might no be able to. At least I will say this even at the end he did what he loved doing and I dont think he would have it any other way.

Rest In Peace Bill you will be missed my many.... And condolences to the family!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

WOW!

I'm truly sorry to hear this.

He fished, laughed, played, taught and cared about our fisheries with an unmatched passion and zeal.

Somewhat a trickster too as I recall.

Check out the following video for a great laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_lZjo3hTEg

Bill, may your soul carry on and on~
    Last edited by STEELIES/26c3; 05-06-2014 at 11:50 PM.

I just had a wonderful thought.....Bill lowe and Dave Howard are up there somewhere having a big chat about the good old days.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Check out the following video for a great laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_lZjo3hTEg

Bill, may your soul carry on and on~[/QUOTE]

Mark, that there is true classic Bill! Man will he be missed, thanks for that!

I still remember the first time I met Bill. I was down on the American struggling to cast a shooting head (first-timer) for Shad. Bill obviously noticed and walked over and offered to help. After several minutes I got it and soon thereafter caught my first shad. Every time our paths crossed in the future I'd be certain to stop and say hello, if in fact he didn't stop me first! Took lessons from Bill, as many of you have, both single and two-handed and he was just a blast to be around. A great guy who was always up. Take care my friend, I'll be thinking of you every time I step on the Yuba.
    Last edited by rjt; 05-07-2014 at 07:02 AM.