Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local fly fishing guide, Bill Lowe, passes while guiding yesterday.

Default Local fly fishing guide, Bill Lowe, passes while guiding yesterday.

I think that yesterday, at the end of the day guiding on the Lower Yuba River, Bill was shuttling his rig and died of a heart attack.

I know this is crazy because he was one of the healthiest people we know?

Sad to loose such a lovely person who always had a smile for everyone.

http://www.billloweflyguide.com/guide.html
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

What a tragic loss for not only our industry, but to his family. I have never fished with him, but met him on many occasions. I always walked away thinking to myself " what a heck of a nice guy", you could always feel his passion for our sport, and that he loved to share his passion to all. I feel the pain of his family as I lost my father at the age of seven, my heart, prayers, and condolences to his family, and to all his friends that lost a great mentor to our sport.
    Rest in Peace Bill, Dry flies to big fish all day long in heaven!

bill taught me how to cast a while back. there will be a major hole in our local fishing community. anyone who is interested, this coming saturday evening around 530, i will be a sunrise avenue casting my spey, and smoking a good cigar in his honor. im sure he would have liked that!

My condolences to Michelle , and to anyone who ever met Bill . We were Friends for a long time , and this is beyond shocking .

David

Bill was one of the good guys! RIP Bill, you will be missed!

wow this is crazy...I just saw Bill a few days ago while guiding on the Yuba...typical Bill sitting on anchor with his feet on a cooler with a Sierra Nevada (bottle not can) and his client in front with a dry fly rod with a sierra nevada cracked open as well...talking, laughing, fishing, enjoying the afternoon. I can't say I ever saw anyone having a bad day in the boat with Bill...even if the fishing was subpar, everyone was smiles. I have guided with Bill on the L. Yuba sense 1999 and worked with him recently as we were both Simms Ambasadors ...guy loved dry fly fishing, swinging flies, and IPA's...We had way different styles of guiding and fishing but we always got along, talked vintage amps, and sierra nevada beer...I will miss his enthusiasm, passion, and running into him on the river. Great dude.

Very sad news! Loved seeing Bill on the river or just hanging and casting some rods. He was one of those type of people that just loved life and was always smiling! His sense of humor and slangy sayings will be greatly missed. RIP duder-man, and see you on the big river!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	8964

Crazy! Damn crazy! Bill was a rock solid guy. I loved his attitude on life. We created a ton of lasting memories. Big loss to everyone.

My prayers go out to Michelle.

Respectfully, Ken

PS: This is pretty crazy right after losing another good friend about a week go (46 yrs old...brain aneurism). Every day counts.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Oh Man! Sounds like Bill was a pretty young guy? Never easy to hear this kind of news. My heart goes out to Bills friends and Family

Very sad news. I’ve taken a couple of two-hander lessons from Bill. My casting still sucks and I don’t remember much of what he taught me….but I had a great time spending some time on the water with him. Very funny guy and has a very infectious enthusiasm about the sport. And I can still picture him anchored up in a shad run, having a good time with his clients. He always waved and said hello every time I waded below his anchored boat.
    RIP Bill……
    I’ll dust off my switch rod and make a couple of ‘sweep-a-dee-go’ casts in your honor…
    ' You have TP for my bunghole?' - Beavis