The Lower Sac continues to fish well most days. There have been flow increases lately and that can sometimes slow the bite. I have noticed that some floats are definitely fishing better than others. For the most part the bug of choice has been PMDs with rubber legs and caddis filling in the blanks.

Highlight of my week was a duo of brothers. Ryan and his brother Taylor were a ton of fun. Taylor had never used a fly rod before and Ryan hadn't fished out of a boat before. Its always fun to see a guy get his first fish on a fly rod !! Found a spot to get them out of the boat for a little tight line nymphing and Ryan was right at home connecting with a nice 14" bow. We had a couple large fish on but just couldn't seal the deal, these big fish can be tough.

The river should continue to fish well, even better when the flows stabilize and some of the debris settles down. If you are thinking about fishing the Sac I would say do it in May or June before it gets really hot, we already had days in the 90's.

Chris