Thread: MFF, water temps at Milsap..

Default MFF, water temps at Milsap..

Heres to the opener... !
    Anyone know how the water temps at Milsap Bar are looking? Flows look OK around there... im hoping the weather slims down the crowds, and the water down at Milsap is a little warmer than up by Nelson Creek.

thinking of heading higher up on the Little N.F.F. as well... is there water in the Little N.F.F. still ? Not sure how much snow they got in that valley this winter, but Im thinking it could be in good shape.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I'll be sure to report back...

Cheers,
    Benny

Not sure about the temps, but the flows (700cfs) look way to high, for me anyway. Flows that high on the MF will significantly limit your mobility up/down stream in that section of the canyon. I'd go up above Nelson Creek this time of year. It should be fishing pretty good in the Two Rivers/Sloat area. Early season is always good up there. Then it gets real skinny and the the big fish disappear.

As for the Little NFF. It's probably flowing pretty good too, but would be easier getting around than on the MF. My .02.....

Jeff,

Thanks for the input! I think you're right... its even closer to 800 CFS on the MF! Might have to call an audible and head up higher.
    cant wait to wet the line, either way.

Good luck if you get out and thanks for the response.