Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2014 AR Shad Update

Slow this evening. Got 3 and didn't see anyone else catch one. Even slow for the bobber guys. Had to adjust tactics because the flow was so slow that I couldn't even get a good swing. Had to cast, do a count down and strip in.

Headed down to the river after work and ran into Andy in his boat scouting for shad. I hopped in and we motored upstream to the next spot up river. No one was home so we went back to where he picked me up. Andy got 2 and I got 1. The shad were scattered all over. Even though we didn't catch a lot it was a enjoyable evening!

Tried fishing up higher after work today but didn't find any. Going on a mission to find them tomorrow with Aron.

You're on a mission for God.

love that movie lol

Fished for 7 hours from top to bottom with Aron. Got 3 and made my TCX 6119 a 6 piece on a cast!

Jeff,
    Not only a good fishermen but a magician aswell. I too have done a few Penn and Teller acts on the water. My favorite is " Now you see it, now it's broke" trick. Not as funny as it sounds.
    Hope you can send it in cost free.
    Have you thought of bothy ball?
    Betterluck tommorrow,
    Randy

Dang Jeff that's rough. Glad to see I'm not the only one obsessed with the shad! Thanks for all your reports.

Matt

Fished 7-3 today up high. Got three. They are scattered and seem to be on the move up.

Saw Andy out with a client and he give me a lift to the next spot down river (Andy's water taxi service). End up catching 3.

While I was fishing last evening I thought about looking forward to seeing Bill Lowe floating by every evening during the shad run. RIP Bill! The next shad I catch will be in your honor!