Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2014 AR Shad Update

I 'm using a Method 6126 or a TCX 6119. I'm currently using a 15 ft Type 6 sink tip. You have to use what the conditions dictate. I've used floating sink tips to T17. Drop offs, seams and tailouts are good places to look for them. Good luck!

Fished all day with Aron. Hit 4 different spots. It was good only at the first one. Got 9 and Aron 2. The rest if the day was just casting practice.

Had some social obligations in Sacto today with the wife. Got time to fish under the Watt ave bridge. No shad that I could find . Looked for some half pounders bobcating. Caught a couple suckers and a Sacto Pike. I don't think the shad are not up this high yet. Maybe next week.
    At least when your practicing casting with a fly, ya got a shot at something.
    I hope it gets better for you all. What a wonderful fishery you have in your back yard. Its probably best I don't live in town or I wouldnt ever be home.
    Randy

Thanks Randy

We are lucky to have our river.

Friends who come from LA said the same thing.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Another slow day. Fished 3 different spots and got 1 this morning and 3 this afternoon.

Awesome! Great post, Jeff!
    "The solution to any problem -work, love, money, whatever -is to go fly fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." -John Gierach

I went out yesterday evening as well. Had 2 nice hookups but couldn't get them to hand. Not bad for early in the season and only my second time shad fishing. The guys at Kiene's hooked my buddy and me up with some flies and line earlier. All in all a good way to spend an evening

With the fishing usually being better in the AM and PM I think it is better to go out in the morning or evening for about 2 hours.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Didn't fish last night because I had to work late. Went out after work today.fished a spot for 2 hours and didn't get a bump. Went to another spot with a lot of anglers and caught a couple in about 30 minutes. The bobber guys were doing pretty good. Had to use an intermediate tip because the flow was so slow. Saw Andy with a client heading down to the mouth. He said that here was a big school above but he couldn't get them to bite.

Maybe its whats going on with most spots on the river. The fish might be there but just willing to take a fly or anything for that matter. yesterday I was out for a few hours and fished a few different spots myself only got two. Today I didnt make it out glad you got some Jeff.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"