Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2014 AR Shad Update

I have been looking at river temps and they are in the 61-62 if I'm seeing the correct numbers. Dont think they would spawn in temps like this low or then again I might be wrong ?
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

The water is warm enough for spawning and although I haven't witnessed it I have heard reports that spawning has been going on. The big hen Alosa necropsied a couple if weeks ago had loose egg sacks.

Yeah...I have no doubt they've been spawning....and will continue to do so for several more weeks.

4 this am and 3 this evening. Fished the upper and lower AR. I guess they are still around but not in big numbers. Lots of spawned out fish!

3 during the day and 5 this evening. Andy was below us with a client this evening and they were hammering 'em!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 06-09-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Fished a spot a little lower and it was dead until the sun got low. Ended catching 4!

Red face

I was able to get out w/ Andy today & what a treat I got. First time I ever netted a Shad. Andy put me on the fish & corrected my jigging motion. Right away after he corrected my jigging motion it was fish on. Thanks Andy!!!

Nice night for wet wading. Jeff, saw a few landed at your spot from last week and more than a few from the bank. Hard to believe the shad were not spooked with all the swimming and splashing.

Nothing for me looking like I may get blanked this year, but then I've not put in the time. I'm guilty of taking the glut of the last few years for granted.

5 this evening. Saw 8 other anglers and only 1 caught between them. The run looks like it's winding down. I'll be surprised if I'm still getting them a week from now.

4 small males when I first showed up then nothing the rest of the evening. Saw only one other shad caught.