Thread: enjoying some time off

bay area/ sierra foothills/and Missoula MT

Default enjoying some time off

This past week has been my spring break and the original plan was to spend the week at my parents property near auburn and fish daily. everything was going perfect until halfway through the drive up when my fuel pump gave out in stockton at 11:30 pm. unfortunately this cut a 7 day trip to a 3 day trip, but i'm very grateful i had the chance to get my legs wet. I fished the middle fork of the American river up high yesterday, and did well. caught fish on drys, nymphs, and even swinging wet fly's in the last minutes of daylight. I really had no idea how fun and productive swinging fly's can be, i'm definitely going to try it more often. main producers were tiny Beatis nymphs, i was using a Barrs emerger, and a foam caddis pupa pattern. A few crazy weeks of work, school, and bass fishing and ill be right back up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foresthill bow.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	8917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foresthill bow 2.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	8918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foresthill bow 3.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	8919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foresthill.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	8920

At least your pump didn't go out up in the hills! Love me some creekin! Where do you go to school? I ask because I'm at sac state myself....

Any idea what kind of lizard that is? I've never seen one with a red head.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Sure looks like an alligator lizard. But I have never seen on so red either. Perhaps it's a breeding color. All my lizards around the house have been very "busy".

Tony, it's called a "Skink". Just a little bit larger and Brendo would have had to pry it off his finger. They're really mean.

Nice fish there B. Some of my ole stomping grounds.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

We had a bunch of Alligator lizards in the old shop.....big ones and babies.

We had a lot of crickets too.

Must have been wild there at night?

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

definitely a skink, but i caught a few other alligator lizards as well. they're busy this time of year and that one showed me his teeth a few times, although it really just tickled. And TaylerW, i go to school at las Positas college in Livermore in the east bay. I'm on my last semester before i transfer up to Missoula for the university.

do you know cody melchior? he moved out to missoula for school and is from oakland, good guy to know, he has been fishing and hunting his feet off since he moved out there! im hoping to drag my eddy out there in the coming year! let me know if you ever want to get together on your way up here, ive been doing alot of fishing around auburn and placerville

haven't heard of him but ill be in need of friends once i get out there. next time i head up ill send you a message and we'll try and work something out.

I agree with Ed and Brendo. Sometimes confused with alligaror lizards and whiptails. No offense to your lizard catching ability but we can all rule out the whiptail. Greased lightening at its best.
    Some of the skink species have a bright blue tail section and muli-colored stripes on their back.Stricking.
    Randy