Thread: Report from Tony B on Dan Blanton's message board.

Default Report from Tony B on Dan Blanton's message board.

There's been a line-up of guys wading the sand bar at the mouth o the Feather River fishing for
    shad and throwing poppers for stripers at the same time for a couple of weeks now.

I also got a report from another friend that they're already taking them at Shang Hai farther up the Feather.
    Tony

__________________________________________________ _____________

That means they are at the mouth of the American River too.

If you want to do something cool, go wade a the mouth of the Feather River on the big sand bar.

We were there a lot in the big drought of the late 1970s. Stripers and Shad.......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Aron and I went to check out the Verona sandbar early Saturday morning and we didn't get to fish it. There were too many gear guys fishing for stripers. I guess the day before was red hot for stripers and the word got out.

Wow.......it is something to see.

Will have to get some photos of what it looks like there.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Myself, Joe Shirshac, Frank Pullen, Walt Bennett, Galen Geller, Jr Wilder, Bill King, Larry Cullens, Al Perryman Cal Guin, Mel Jeffs, Craig Ziegler, Jim Potter to name a few really loved that place during low water years.

A group of old veteran fly fishers where wading there one day fishing for Shad when a huge school of Stripers arrived. I guess lots of Stripers where caught by those guys wading for Shad with Shad flies. That was around the 1970s.

Galen Geller (Oregon Salmon) spent about two weeks there fishing all night long mostly by himself. He finally connected one night then quite.

Don Rotsma(Davis Lake) and I hit it big on evening where we landed a dozen or so Stripers wading that were 10 to 20 pounds. It was unreall. Right off at sunset Don got spooled by a big one.

One day around noon Cal Guin and Al Perryman showed up at West Capitol Rod & Gun where I was working with 6 fish from about 15 to 40 pounds. We hung the big one on the scale out front and I took a picture.

One evening we were fishing for Shad then after sunset we went to Stripes. Two teenagers came over from Woodland with Rebel lures on spinning rods and caught fish on their first casts. We were skunked......

Try to get over there.....

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........