Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sorry. NFF

No harm done here Ed! My thoughts are with you and your family, live life & love life.

Hello Ed, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. As a Christian I know the power of prayer and have seen prayers answered on my behalf as well as others. Here is my story of answered prayers on my part. After 36 years of working I retired at the end of 2010 eagerly looking forward to this phase of my life including more time for fishing. Within a year I began to experience “seizures” that just came out of the blue. I had been healthy all of my life. I had to stop driving and did not drive for a year and a half . My family and many Christian friends prayed for me during this time.

I began seeing a neurologist and had about every kind of test done you can imagine with nothing pinpointing what the problem was or how to "fix it". The human brain is indeed a mystery. At that point it is a trial and error process for medications that work for certain cases. The third medication I tried was the charm and almost as mysteriously my seizures disappeared. I am back driving again for over a year now. I credit this to my faith in God and the power of prayer. Eacn new morning I try to remember to start the day in prayer, thanking God for each new day and all the blessing I have. I then move to people in need of prayer and I can now add you and your wife to that list.
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

You are a good man Ed...I will be praying for you and your Wife...After 68 years of clean health I have had to start Blood pressure meds...I try not to watch too much on TV and even the Radio is bad...I try not to even think of politics leave alone discuss them...
    Take care Ed....Frank

Hi Ed -

Eventhough we have never met, from this site's very beginning I have always enjoyed, as well as appreciated your thoughtful posts.

I was quite bothered by the news concerning your wife... My thoughts are with you both!

If time ever permits, give us a quick update on your bird dog!

Sincerely, Bob

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I wasn't fishing for sympathy although it doesn't hurt nor am I excusing my bad behavior. I kind of just caught on to what I was doing on the board. The road to Bitter Old Man is paved with sarcasm, of which I've become way too fond of.
    I'm changing that.
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hi Ed!
    The only way you offended me was by curtailing all your very entertaining posts and classic comments on this board? You always added just the right amount of seasoning around here and without you, its been just kinda bland

I consider you a friend Ed so you cant offend me

Please take care of your wife and take care of yourself! Be a rock for her in this time of trouble. I'll be praying for both of you. look forward to hearing how things start turning for the better!

Jay

Default No sweat

Ed,

Friends don't judge... Your posts have a certain "ring" of truthfulness, its actually refreshing. It takes a lot to lay out what you did!

Best to you and your wife. We're here for you, when you need.
    Exit 7

Sorry to hear your plight Ed. It is indeed tough to see your soul mate suffer. Prayers your way. Regarding your post(s). I have always found them to be entertaining, witty, and educating. Hope to see many more of your post for the the edification of me and other members of this board.

Heya Ed~

I always enjoyed your sarcastic wit and never read it offensively.

There's great power in embracing truth and accepting vulnerability... so good on ya for making an amend like that publicly. Despite the consensus that it was not needed from your Kiene's board buds, it was needed by you and thus healthy to state it.

I was wondering why I hadn't seen you on the boards as much for some time.

My father has many, many ailments (neuromuscular/back, heart, prostate, cancer, emphysema/COPD).

Regarding COPD... he went through the lung reduction procedure and his doctors gave him 5 years to live. Now, 16 years later he still struggles to walk very far and he has to breath from an oxygen tank 2/3 of the day but he is alive and does manage to find joy in life.

He has my mom and his wife to love him and take care of him.

Sorry to hear about your wife's situation. If she's close to your age, that's pretty young to have COPD. I wish her and you two all the best in healing/coping. I know how hard it is to have one's deepest passions undermined by illness.

If you need any help and especially if there's some COPD-related question your wife has which would best be answered by a veteran with the disease rather than a doctor, please don't hesitate to ask.

Love is the best medicine~
    Mark

Bite me Ed!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>