Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sorry. NFF

Default I'm so sorry. NFF

I've noticed that for the last 4 years or so I've been way more negative than positive. I hadn't really thought about what I was posting on an ongoing basis until now.
    I think I should come clean.

My wife came down with severe C.O.P.D. a few years ago. That's a heinous lung disease. Bed bound and on O2 ever since. She has seen more of the Sierras than most of you have but that all came to an end.

Week before last she took a fall and broke a leg.

That changed everything. It also gave me a bit of clarity. I've been taking my mourning and depression out on people that I hold near and dear for years.

And some not so dear but undeserving of the scorn that I dished out.

I've pushed away friends and alienated people who've been nothing but good to me. DL you just happened to be there when my world collapsed. That was shitty of me.

My sincerest apologies to all. I am now living vicariously through you guys.

If you have a particular beef with me I'll be at the Expo and we can talk.

Ed Wahl
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Classy post Ed! I don't know you but you've always got some kernel of knowledge I take with me on your posts. Best of luck with everything going on. Rye

COPD is a very tough thing to deal with, especially for one who has a love of the sierras. ANY time you need someone to go on a walk in the mountains with, shoot me a message.

Ed,

I have never had the pleasure to talk with you on any subject but I have to say your post was honest, sincere, "man up" posts I have ever read on any board. You truly are a gentleman and someone I would want to know. I sincerely hope your wife gets better, I am not very familiar with the disease other than having heard of it. I am glad you found some peace in dealing with your tragic circumstance.

No apology needed. Its OK to blow off some steam, Thats why we are all here. Your welcome at my campfire anytime.
    Once again I would like to thank all who post , sharing stories and pictures. Your keeping me and many others in touch with the fly fishing world. It can be an amazing break in our day to day rigors.
    Thanks, Randy

Ed
    Sorry to hear about your wifes' ailments. My mom was diagnosed with COPD last May, along with some other stuff, so I know first hand how devastating it can be. I'll have a booth at the expo so feel free to stop by and chat.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

See you at the expo buddy. I know how things get.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

You're a good man Ed. I always like your posts. Looking forward to seeing you at the expo.
    Bob

Sorry to here of your sad situation Ed.

Those who know you well for a long time understand your situation.

We should all say a little prayer for you two, even if we are not real religious.

Hope all the best for you old friend.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I cannot even begin to imagine the anger , pain , and frustration you've likely felt while dealing with your situation - V. is a hell of a Woman , you're lucky to have her . And .... she's damned lucky to have someone like you by her side !

Unless you've started eating small Children , or poking the Dog with a fork for no reason .... you've nothing to apologize to anyone for . Anyone who know you , even a little .... knows that you are a moral , stand-up guy , and a hell of a Fisherman (not to mention being blessed/cursed with THAT kind of sense of humor !) . Anyone who would judge you lacks real perception since they're NOT dealing with what you are dealing with .

I can only hope that both you and V. can find some peace from her terrible illness in the near-future , because you both deserve it ! Please pass along my best wishes to your Wife !

D.~