Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got any big trips planned for 2014?

Default Fishing plans

Hey Bill, have fun in Oregon. I am going to baja with Jay for two weeks. One week with a group from Hawaii and another with some friends I went to Christmas Island last year. They want to catch some mahi and roosters. Then I will fly back to spokane and then drive over to Montana for some trout fishing. Then I come home to Hawaii for summer ahi and marlin. I think everyone should plan at least one fun trip a year if not more. I am lucky and get to fish locally offshore once a week and inshore any day I so desire. Bonefish in hawaii are big and strong. I will post pictures when we git back. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Tuna trip south in August, gonna try for a bft on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    I'm hoping to hit Butt Valley. Haven't fished it in a couple of years.

EO, Grouse Ridge is a yearly pilgrimage for me.

Hey WS,

I've never fished Butt Valley. Decent Hex hatch there I've heard.

Ya, Grouse Ridge is one of my favorites..I try to fish it multiple times in the summer.
    Nice and close and some great fishing to boot.

EO

Quote Originally Posted by EO View Post
    Hey WS,

I've never fished Butt Valley. Decent Hex hatch there I've heard.

Ya, Grouse Ridge is one of my favorites..I try to fish it multiple times in the summer.
    Nice and close and some great fishing to boot.

EO

Grouse Ridge is a day trip for me too. I try to fish a different lake each trip

I'm here looking for ideas of where to go fishing this week. I've been working 7 days -12 hour shifts since before the river closures and I have a week off before we start the next phase

If you guys had a Bu$$ Load of money in your pocket and 1 week to fish right now where would you go ????

Bones in da’ Bahamas mon, den on to da’ Keys.
    Later on, back to N.M. and the San Juan.

If the North Coast was still open... instead we're off to Belize to chase tarpon, snook and permit, then over to the Green in June, up to Oregon/Washington in July, maybe into BC's Vancouver Island on the Campbell River for our anniversary. Painter's Lodge was a nice stop last year. End of August, off to Bristol Bay for a week of topwater silvers and mousing rainbows, then meet up with friends on the Kenai for 10 days. Hope to target grayling on one day, but its a hike that leaves my knees wobbly from the downhill pounding. Hit the McCloud the end of September. The Williamson after that and a side trip to the Rogue on the way home. Then start the steelhead thing. The dance card is full according to my better half. Buddies are still trying to get me to commit on trips. Guess I start looking at next year's schedule.

4 day trip to Cordova, Alaska for trout, silvers, halibut in mid August. Probably a couple weekend trips up north to the McCloud and Pit this summer.

I have my anuual trip to surf fish the rocks in NH in September, which is some of the most physically demanding fishing around.
    Other than that just pounding the local and semi local waters in search of big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    No BIG trips planned this year, just the normal 100+ days of fishing like normal. Bunch of back country trips, more Tenkara fishing. And more than likely a certain somebody will make me go hiking to some place that will probably kill me like he does every year.

Lol... I just saw this. Too funny!

_SHig

I just lucked into a cancellation slot on a 3 day all inclusive musky hunt at "location X" with the one and only Brad Bohen. Mid Aug.