Thread: Any reviews on Rio's Perception lines?

Default Any reviews on Rio's Perception lines?

I searched the forum and I can't find any reviews/opinions of Rio's Perception lines. Anyone willing to talk them up or down? They've been out long enough that some folks have probably fished them. Thanks,
    Rich
    Last edited by Rich Morrison; 03-31-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

i fished one on the yuba a bit this spring...great dry line! turns over really smooth. the color changes do really help you judge distance...

I have a wf-6. Its a great line. I've used it for trout and bass. I started using a new the rod at the same time, so I can't compare it to other Rio lines. I'm sure its at least as good the Gold, my previous favorite line.

great fly line. I use it with a 5 wt Sage one.

I have a 8wt Perception line. I've been using if for bass and carp. It has a slight texture, with bothers me. It's not as bad as a Sharkskin, but it's still annoying. I'm neutral on the color coding and it doesn't seem to be more 'sensitive' than any of my other lines. It turns over heavy flies just fine.

Other than the texture (and occasional friction burns) it's a good line. However, I would have been happier with good ol' Rio Gold.