Thread: Spey Technique Articles

Cool Spey Technique Articles

I've been away from the Forum for quite a while and have recently started this month publishing a bunch of spey casting articles on my blog http://www.flyfishingtraditions.blogspot.com
    I believe there's about 10 blog posts about the spey world so far this month and about 10 more to be published about every 3 or 4 days apart into April and from there who knows.

There's no gimmicks here, just solid information for those out there that are trying to figure out what the spey game and what fly fishing is all about. For the beginners and even many with some years of experience, the website and blog could help smooth the path to a better understanding of spey casts, spey rods, switch rods, casting variations, Skagit Heads, Scandi Heads, Scandi Lines, Mow Tips, Polyleaders, MOW tips and more. It will be covered in bits and pieces.

I ran into Bill Kiene about a week ago at my son's lacrosse game and he told me what this forum needs is more solid information about learning how and why. Teaching is what I do. The Fly Fishing Traditions website and Blog is 99% educational stuff, no buy this, pay for that. I'm a retired general contractor and doing what I always wanted to do, teach. What the articles offer is a sharing of solid experience and advise for the people just getting started and for added thoughts or a different perspective for those that have done it all for a long time. I'm not advertising or selling anything here, I'm sharing, it's what I do as President of the Gold Country Fly Fishers and as an Fly Fishing Educator. I don't claim to be an expert on anything but I keep trying to push the envelope as much as I can and share it as I go along. It's a journey for me that I've been on for a long time.

Give it a try and see if you like it. Like everything that ends up in this forum there will certainly be difference of opinion. I embrace that.

Big Kahuna, Clay Hash

Clay,
    Just scanned your blog; will examine it more closely tomorrow. Looks informative and I enjoy the
    humor.
    Best,
    Larry S

Took a look at your blog and I like what you are doing. Especially like the videos to illustrate your points. Looking forward to future posts!

Not new to the two hand game, and I still learned a few things. Great blog, and extra points for incorporating the Pythons...