Thread: Pyramid Report - LOTS of pictures!

Smile Pyramid Report - LOTS of pictures!

Just got back from Pyramid a few days ago. We fished it last weekend.
    Anyways, I posted all the info on my blog, so check the following link:
    http://californiafishingblog.blogspo...arch-2014.html

Let me know if there is any problems with the link.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Ryan, Jeff here is San Luis. I swim with your uncle Tim daily..gave you guys some intel a few years back. Anyway, always nice to get into them up there. I remember when the red mahalo was unknown to most. It was so effective it was silly! Kind of like the mojo decoy in its first year of existence. Just like the mojo today, it still works but nothing like it use to. Looks like you guys had some good family fun up there..next time do me a favor and get Tim out there

Quote Originally Posted by ryanerb View Post
    Just got back from Pyramid a few days ago. We fished it last weekend.
    Anyways, I posted all the info on my blog, so check the following link:
    http://californiafishingblog.blogspo...arch-2014.html

Let me know if there is any problems with the link.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hey Jeff, thanks for all that info! Ya, we keep trying to get Tim to come up, hopefully he'll make it soon! You been to Pyramid much this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobow View Post
    Ryan, Jeff here is San Luis. I swim with your uncle Tim daily..gave you guys some intel a few years back. Anyway, always nice to get into them up there. I remember when the red mahalo was unknown to most. It was so effective it was silly! Kind of like the mojo decoy in its first year of existence. Just like the mojo today, it still works but nothing like it use to. Looks like you guys had some good family fun up there..next time do me a favor and get Tim out there

yeah it was a lot slower for us this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by DevinPreston View Post
    yeah it was a lot slower for us this weekend!
    Devin,
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like from what I heard, a lot of 'west' wind, which typically isn't good for fishing off the west side of the lake I guess? Did you see anyone catching fish? What beaches did you hit?

We fished pelican windless and popcorn the first day and south nets on the second, I got two fish the first day and three the second. I had a great time but my buddies i was with didn't catch a thing! My wife and i are expecting our second little one so I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it back this year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970958_10202794665762765_1389570055_n.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	8840

Glad you got 'em while you could! That's a nice chunky fish! I was hoping to make it back this year too, but living 8 hours away doesn't make it super easy! Congrats on the baby!

Quote Originally Posted by DevinPreston View Post
    We fished pelican windless and popcorn the first day and south nets on the second, I got two fish the first day and three the second. I had a great time but my buddies i was with didn't catch a thing! My wife and i are expecting our second little one so I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it back this year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970958_10202794665762765_1389570055_n.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	8840

As one who infrequently fly fishes Pyramid Lake; I couldn't refuse an invite to join both Rob Anderson and Jon Biaocchi at Pyramid on March 19th. Check-out the related images at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com; scroll-down, 2nd to last post on 3/30/2014

Frank R Pisciotta
    Last edited by Frank R. Pisciotta; 03-31-2014 at 10:44 PM.