Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB 10' 2wt and a 10' 5wt

Well, if I call him, I'd get along distance charge. But yeah, I'm patient enough. I'll just wait until he emails me back.

Well, I've seen them both and I'm aware of their price, I'm trying to find something a bit cheaper. But thanks anyway

I'll be surprised if you can get a custom built from Andersons cheaper than the Grays 2 weight, but let us know if you do.

I've built two of the two weight, 10 foot rods from blanks I bought from Roger online and they make into a very nice nymphing rod which you can customize as you like. My total investment in each is under $100, but then you have to be into rod building for this to be of any help to you.

The actual ERN of this blank is 2.97 and the AA is 63 making it a moderate action rod of almost a 3 weight. I haven't tested the Grays rod. The swing weight on the rods I made up is very nice and easy on the arm after a long day on the water.
    Mike

Ok so I just got the email from Gary and he said that his custom rod will be $400. I have asked him if it's his own rod or if it's like a sage or greys.