Thread: Pyramid bobbicating

Default Pyramid bobbicating

Three bobber fishermen descended onto Pyramid lake on Saturday. Dropped off the wife in Sparks for some shiopping and the boys headed to the lake to stare at bobbers.
    Got there around 2pm and was pleasantly surprised to see some of the rocks unoccupied. So we staked one out and rigged up. Set-up the little dude with a 4wt and a midge/nymph combo rig. We all decided that the orange thingamabobber was the lucky color today. Casted the 4wt out, handed it off to the little guy and proceeded to rig up his older brother's 5wt. As I was tying on the flies, I heard the sweet sound of the fly line ripping out of the water during the hookset.

And just like that, he's hooked up. All the time we spent bobber fishing for panfish came into play today

First ever Pyramid cutt hooked and landed all by himself:

A few minutes later, his older brother got a solid takedown but was late on the hookset. Re-cast and got another solid take close to shore. It was one of those 'where is your bobber' moments. The fish pretty much hooked itself:

Slightly bigger fish.

Then the light breeze died down, lake was calm and the bite slowed down. As expected, they got bored quick. Might as well smash some rocks:

I kept on fishing for the next hour or so. Got 2 takedowns and missed them both. Called it quits after 2 hours on the water. Dad got skunked and the kids caught fish. I was reminded of that fact during the whole drive home. Fun times.
    ' You have TP for my bunghole?' - Beavis

Excellent! Good job Dad.

_SHig

Pretty perfect day of fishin right there!

Awesome! What it's really all about. Thanks for sharing. - J.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Thanks all.
    I need to get back out there again. Love that place.
    ' You have TP for my bunghole?' - Beavis

Nice report Mar! Gotta love watching kids get hooked up!

Jay

PS Love the profile pic and quote!
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

You lode the gear in the car, transport them to the fishing area, rig their poles, buy them lunch, give them helpful FF advice' and they get to catch fish and you don't! Being a guide sucks . But being a dad is great. Bonding, memories, and tons of fun.
    Randy

looks like fun! Cant wait to get up there next week!

Nice to see the kids out there Mar! Had a day out on the Delta with my friend Will. Used the 9wt. Powell you gave me at Christmas. I think I need a integrated line. The shooting head with the running line I didn't care for because of the braided loop to loop connection shooting through my guides and the hinge point felt awkward to cast. Do you have a suggestion for it? We got skunked out there on the Delta as neither of us know what we are doing too much. Great day all the same! Hope to fish with you someday! Till then I FISH THEE WELL!