Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North Coast fishing trip report........ Long read!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    With the Eel flowing at 60,000cfs (and rising quickly), and more rain coming, the North Coast steelhead season is pretty much done, on the Eel, SF, Van Duzen, Mad, Redwood Creek anyway. Season closes March 31.

San Bernadino? Whoa.....that's a long way to drive to find blown rivers. Sorry to hear that, bro.

Jeff you about summed it up with the rivers on the coast. As my brother and I were leaving boy did the rivers mud up and I was thinking the same that they will be muddy like this till the end of the season almost.

I might be going further up North into Oregon to get a couple more winter steel hopefully. I will sure post a report if I do go
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    Jeff you about summed it up with the rivers on the coast. As my brother and I were leaving boy did the rivers mud up and I was thinking the same that they will be muddy like this till the end of the season almost.

I might be going further up North into Oregon to get a couple more winter steel hopefully. I will sure post a report if I do go
    Aron:

The Portland/southern washington runs starts heating up right now. Long way to drive, but there's fish...

Jed

tillamook/northern oregon is good right now....put over 1500 miles on the truck this last week.....

Jed driving is not that big of a deal for me This trip I was on boy did I drive some miles and some twisty roads!..... But ya I plan on going up there.

Tayler ya miles seem to stack up on a steelheaders car hehehe........
    Aron-

nice report, I ran into your brother on the Dooz, we chatted for a few. He was spoon fishing, were his fish caught on spoons? If so, good for him. The Eel fished well this year even in this low water year. I probably hooked a 20 or so, landing half.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. 3 wt. View Post
    nice report, I ran into your brother on the Dooz, we chatted for a few. He was spoon fishing, were his fish caught on spoons? If so, good for him. The Eel fished well this year even in this low water year. I probably hooked a 20 or so, landing half.

Thanks Mr 3wt,

Yes his first was on a spoon. Later on though he tried roe to on the swing. We heard the same about fish numbers from a few other guys. I can't wait for next years winter steelhead season. I didn't make it to the Rogue like I planned because of a oil leak issue I had on the Subee. I finally finished the fix today. So all if good. He told me about this post and said it was nice meeting you out there
    Aron-

Nice report and great photos. I recently read an old 'California Fly Fisher' article (April 2007) by Russell Chatham named "A short look back." In short it speaks of the days when the rivers of the Pacific Coast ran wild with Salmon and Steelies. The article gives a perspective on how it was and what has happened since. Anyone who fishes the coastal rivers in CA would enjoy the article.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfish21 View Post
    Nice report and great photos. I recently read an old 'California Fly Fisher' article (April 2007) by Russell Chatham named "A short look back." In short it speaks of the days when the rivers of the Pacific Coast ran wild with Salmon and Steelies. The article gives a perspective on how it was and what has happened since. Anyone who fishes the coastal rivers in CA would enjoy the article.

Being the magazine is that old would it happen to be online? I dont know of a place where you can get it. Maybe scan and post it on here?

Thanks
    Aron-

Of course if you haven't already see it Aron, make sure you see rivers of a lost coast. It's exactly what he's talking about.

Being the magazine is that old would it happen to be online? I dont know of a place where you can get it. Maybe scan and post it on here?

Thanks

Thanks Mr 3wt,

Yes his first was on a spoon. Later on though he tried roe to on the swing. We heard the same about fish numbers from a few other guys. I can't wait for next years winter steelhead season. I didn't make it to the Rogue like I planned because of a oil leak issue I had on the Subee. I finally finished the fix today. So all if good. He told me about this post and said it was nice meeting you out there
    perhaps next season I will run into you guys again, keep in touch.