Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hoorah for Hatchery Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    I'm still involved with reviewing/commenting on portions of the BDCP and that's depressing enough.

Geez....I don't envy you!

that current water management practices in the state of California are UNSUSTAINABLE.

So more tunnels to send more water to the LA basin is a bad thing?

"For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

I was listening to a thoroughly depressing show on NPR last week, they had a bunch of biologists talking about mass extinctions, and the general consensus was that in 50 years, 50% of the species currently in existence on earth will be extinct. When individual species become extinct it generally doesn't cause systemic damage. When you have multiple extinctions in the same ecosystems it causes a waterfall effect and it compounds.

The current loss rates of coral reefs alone will result in the loss of about 50% of the world's fish species.