Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB 12wt Tarpon Rod

Default WTB 12wt Tarpon Rod

Looking to buy a 12wt Tarpon Rod. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Regrets .... just sold my 12 wt rod a couple of weeks ago.
    I have a 12 wt reel, spool, lines and backing if interested.
    email if interested.....striper239@gmail.com

Lorney,

You didn't say if you were looking for a good rod or a cheap price. No sarcasm intended The reason I say this is you can buy a new ECHO or TFO or several others for under $300.

What I have to offer is a brand new Hardy 11 weight as an option. The rod is the Hardy Proaxis Sintrix 9' 4pc. and is light as a feather with all it's new Nano technology. It's only been cast at the park a couple of times by a very old man but never used.

The rod originally sold for almost $700.00 a year ago. He'd like to get $350.00
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Lorney,

Look closely at the Hardy rod Tony has. It retails $720. It feels like an 8wt. I have had my wallet out a couple of times in Tony's living but didn't pill the trigger, because of the need/want factor (according to my better half!). Besides a few of us handling it, there has never been a reel on it.

Bill Siler

I can personally vouch for quality dealings with Tony. He sold me a 12wt Sage xi2 that had never been used for a terrific price. He's a great guy to deal with and very fair in his dealings.

Tony - did you ever get chance to go out for brown trout like we talked about last fall?

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

I have two 12 wts I built from blanks that I bought from Larry at Chico Fly Shop about 8 years ago. I made them to take to the Seychelles. They worked perfectly for that fishing - even the massive GT that spooled me and is probably still swimming around with my entire fly line trailing behind. They're dark green blanks with old Powell style reel seats with detachable extendable fighting butts (screw in). If you want something a little cheaper than Tony's Hardy (which is an excellent deal) let me know and I'll shoot some photos and see what we can work out.

Thanks for the offer Tony. I already have a bunch of 12wt lines for the trip so was looking for a rod to match.

Geez, thanks for the support guys. No, I haven't gotten around to chasin' those browns yet. I haven't forgotten about them either.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I have a 12wt H2 that I would be willing to part ways with. Let me know if you're interested.

Default 12wt

Quote Originally Posted by lorney View Post
    Looking to buy a 12wt Tarpon Rod. Let me know what you have. Thanks
    I have a Winston B11x 12 wt in really good shape. Have no need for it any more. $300 + actual freight.
    Email me direct - mjpt3800@gmail.com or call 406-920-3800 for more info & pics.