Thread: NFF But Fun Stuff....

Cool NFF But Fun Stuff....

Been enjoying/watching the hunting dog competition in the Westminster Dog Show. Earlier today was the agility competition and tonight, the hunting dogs showing; they've probably never hunted in their lives (bisquit eaters?).

Some really fun dogs were in the agility competition. Interesting how some of the breeds are so energetic/enthusiastic/speedy and others slower and a bit more cautious. With the exception of one or two, these dogs were all long/rangy breeds, some with long hair (to my surprise). I was mistaken to think that the longer hair would be a deterrence over the jumps. Not many refusals were made but a few slips on the carpet over the obstacle course. I'm always amazed at how intelligent some of the breeds are. The only refusal I saw came from a Border Collie after a slip on the carpet during a landing that looked like the dog was slightly injured. The winner was a pure bred American dog that I didn't catch the name of but looked a lot like a short haired, long legged tan/dark brown mutt (but wasn't really a mutt ). I believe a good looking Rottie took second.

All of the hunting dogs shown were really great looking. One in particular caught my eye, the Gordon Setter. A beautiful dog. Made me think of Ed's dog, Duke. I hope Duke is enjoying retirement as much as I am....
    Last edited by Darian; 02-11-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown