Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your going to fish the yuba the next few days.......

Default If your going to fish the yuba the next few days.......

Bring BRIGHT flies. Took the attached picture from Hammond grove this morning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	8536  

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    Bring BRIGHT flies. Took the attached picture from Hammond grove this morning
    Is that a blown-out river? Never thought that I would see something like that living in California? Lol!

Looks like the flows top out at 6000 cfs after running at 720 for weeks. wonder how long it might take to get down to wadable conditions. Hoping someone that lives near by might post some mores photos.

Check the projected flows CDEC puts out. Engelbright Res was at 92% capacity before the rain started this weekend, so you can imagine how much water they may need to move to make room.

What a bummer... The BWOs were hatching the skwalas were just getting going. I even saw a fresh salmon last week??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1682.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	8538  

The Y is back down to 725 cfs and will be dropped to 500 cfs under an emergency management agreement (normal negotiated low flows this time of year are roughly 700 cfs). This will mean, among other things, that the tribs below Englebright will color up the river much more quickly and for a longer duration than normal. This will be an interesting season.

Heard it was still brown as of yesterday, also heard about the 500 CFS, a friend brought up a good point, I hope they drop it down to 500 before the rainbows start spawning

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    Heard it was still brown as of yesterday, also heard about the 500 CFS, a friend brought up a good point, I hope they drop it down to 500 before the rainbows start spawning
    I was there today. very little visibility, maybe a foot or two near the banks. The flows were right at 700cfs. As for spawning, I thinks it happening very early this year (I believe its already underway). The bucs I've caught in the last two weeks were bright red with big jaws.

ralph when are they dropping the flows to 500cfs?

Sounds to me like it could be any day now. All it says is soon after the storm of 2/7-2/9. http://yubariver.org/news-views/