Thread: Skagit

Default Skagit

Anyone familiar with the Skagit Max, and is it suitable for a 13-3 7wt with MOW Tips?
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

yes, i would use a 500 or 525 with medium mow tips, that is all depending on the rod, and personal preference though. that setup will throw just about any fly and tip....

Thanks Tayler, it's a 525 but I thought that line might have been intended for a shorter switch stick.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

i like short skagits for heavier winter work. that line is about 20-23' i believe, pretty good for tips and bigger flies. they work well on shorter rods just because you dont have to swing them far to pick your line up and create a good d-loop being that your rod is shorter. with a longer rod it just makes your stroke way more compact, and effective. really nice when your fishing all day, keeps your arms fresh for putting the whoopin on some steel. i use the standard skagit max at 23' and 575 on my 8119 tcx for heavy winter stuff....