Thread: WTB......Redington CPS rods

Default WTB......Redington CPS rods

I'm looking for a couple CPS 4pcs rods in the following weights, 4, 8, and 9. Looking for rods in good and willing to pay cash or possible trades of other rods.

I love my CPS in a 10 wt. These are great rods. Too bad they were improved.

PM sent. I have a 4 and 8 weight.

Default CPS

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinmeat View Post
    I'm looking for a couple CPS 4pcs rods in the following weights, 4, 8, and 9. Looking for rods in good and willing to pay cash or possible trades of other rods.
    Lots of luck with your search...the CPS was good in every weight IMHO and are prized by those who have them.Nonetheless after the CPX debacle Redington has got it right again with the Vapen.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    Lots of luck with your search...the CPS was good in every weight IMHO and are prized by those who have them.Nonetheless after the CPX debacle Redington has got it right again with the Vapen.
    Cheers
    What happened with the CPX?

Quote Originally Posted by ssy View Post
    What happened with the CPX?
    I suppose "debacle" might be a bit harsh a word in retrospect,let's say that in the eyes of many the CPX was not an improvement on the CPS series that it replaced...there,that's a bit kinder
    Cheers

I own a lot of different rods from $800 to $150 in value. I bought my CPS for $150 new and I love the rod. I fish steelhead, salmon, stripers and other big fish. I started fishing Pyramid a year ago and I 330gr shooters 100 plus ft with my CPS . I can't do that with any of the other 8wts I have so I just want some more of those. I have some rods for sale to purchase some more gear so I will throw them them out there.

GLoomis GLX 8wt 2pc for $500. it's 6 mo old and only fished a couple times.
    GLoomis Pro4X 4wt 4pc only fished once for $250
    I will put a post in the classified with no pic. Both rods are pristine so if you need info you can go to the Loomis site and get the info.