Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Questions and Info

Beachbum2, sorry for the wayward steelheaders hijacking of your post, they're quite well known on this board for being a bunch of a holes. I'll second Terry's idea of Rancho Seco. It's planted pretty heavily in winter and when the 'derby' is on they put some really large ones in there. You'll need a float tube or other small watercraft to effectively fly fish it. A floating line can work but an intermediate is the ideal. Small buggers and Wiggle Tails are by far the top flies. This is also a great warm water fishery. There are dinner plate 'gills and crappie, sunfish, and largemouth that push the world record weight. Also, look at a map. Every stream coming down from the Sierras has Smallies in the lowland areas. You'll find several in your neighborhood. Happy Hunting. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Ed, you sure paint with a broad brush. I am offended by your comment and i don't believe you have the cojones to call me that to my or anyone else's face. The Internet is the coward's friend.

Default Russian, lower American, etc. closed for season

as I suspected, albeit with an attempt at wry humor by the Commission ("we can't make it rain"):

http://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2014/0...s_exclude=5285

Oddly, I might have been tempted to start steelhead fishing with the systems starting to move in....but alas...not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie S View Post
    Ed, you sure paint with a broad brush. I am offended by your comment and i don't believe you have the cojones to call me that to my or anyone else's face. The Internet is the coward's friend.
    Ok, I'll agree that was too broad, sorry. So what's up with the hijacking of a newcomers thread? Go back to post one and give the guy an answer he can use to get started.

I'm using a Medalist right now myself but I find it more quirky than I'd like. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie S View Post
    I love internet threats, they make me laugh!!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Heh heh, I think the words of wisdom from the famous Sargeant Hulka apply: "Lighten up Francis."

Last edited by DLJeff; 02-06-2014 at 11:39 AM.

What is needed here is the pancake treatment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hOhhgrM3bs
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 02-06-2014 at 01:49 PM.

better yet some people need a parsnip LOL

is it not fun when it gets out of control
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 02-06-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks guys, I need a hard laugh, especially today.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Thanks guys, I need a hard laugh, especially today.
    scott have you ever seen ROMEO IS BLEEDING? Great movie with Gary Oldman lol "With or Without"?