Thread: Just saying hello

Default Just saying hello

Hi all -

I just joined the forum and wanted to say a quick hello. I host trips to Loreto each July for Fishabout, Inc. (http://www.fishabout.com/team.php) and have posted reports on Dan Blanton's bulletin board over the years and plan on posting on this terrific forum this year as well. Both Dan's board and this forum provide a wealth of fly fishing knowledge on anything fly fishing and I look forward to contributing along with everyone else.

Tight lines and great fishing to everyone in 2014!

- Matt Zawacki

Thumbs up Salty Stuff....

Welcome aboard, Matt. I've been following your comments/reports on Blanton's BB for some time now.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Welcome Matt. I was at the resent saltwater seminar put on by the SJ Flycasters. Thanks for your very good input about Loreto.

John

Maybe some day you could talk about the tackle/equipment/flies etc you like for Loreto.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the welcome Darian, John and Bill. As John mentioned we had a saltwater fly fishing seminar/panel discussion last week and considering the (relatively) low cost and minimal travel time from northern California I really think that Loreto is a great destination to pursue for this type of fly fishing. Of course there are other great saltwater fly fishing destinations to consider along these lines as well such as the La Paz/Los Arenas area that Jay Murakoshi leads trips to and provides reports for on this site. As Bill suggests I hope to provide meaningful information regarding gear for Loreto - especially for newbie’s that would like to move from “I have always wanted to go” to “I’m going”. The Sea of Cortez is really an amazing place and as others have said before me.... get to Baja!