Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stan pleskunas stripping bucket

Default Stan pleskunas stripping bucket

Where can I buy one of these? I've searched all over the internet and haven't had any success. Is there another alternative stripping bucket that is better? I'm not a fan of the the soft side foam ones. I'll try calling kiene's tomorrow as I have a bunch of store credit left.

I've also heard that Stan has some other nice custom ideas like rod holders that I would be interested in.

Thanks.

Chasin,
    The "hip shooter" is being marketed now under a different name and different seller.
    Try http://www.sealevelflyfish.com/stripping-bucket-ii/

Best,
    Larry S

Thanks Larry, I am actually looking for the "bucket" that would be placed on the boat. Similar to the foam one in your link however I am not a fan of the foam buckets and have heard/seen photos of Stan's vertical line management device.

Chasin,
    Did you look at the link? I also see a bucket for a boat. You might also post this on Dan Blanton's board.
    Best,
    Larry S

Yes that is the style that I want however I believe those are all foam which I'm not that fond of. I'll check over on blantons forum too. Thanks.

Hey Mr Fin,
    Ton Buzolich, a Kienes Board regular, makes one of the nicest Heavy Duty stripping buckets available. He is out of Yuba city and will custom make you one for less than the Stan P. buckets and you wont have to wait 6 months to get one.I have put well over 250 days on my pair and they are still in great shape.
    HATCH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDR SS.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	8246  

Hatch, that is exactly what I am looking for. I'll shoot him a PM. Thank you very much!

Chasin,
    Looks like you found what you're looking for. Tony B is one of my Kiene favorite posters. These
    stripping buckets have evolved a bit in my time.
    Best,
    Larry S

Very much appreciate the help though Larry. I'm just getting into this fly game... It certainly is addicting.

Default Foam Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Chasin Fin View Post
    Yes that is the style that I want however I believe those are all foam which I'm not that fond of. I'll check over on blantons forum too. Thanks.
    Have you actually tried one of the Sea Level foam stripping buckets? I have long used the Pleskunas PVC buckets and have two in my skiff right now. I also have one of the Sea Level 15-inch foam buckets and it works extremely well too. I also use the travel-size Sea Level foam bucket and I love it. I get both sizes of the foam bucket with a second bottom that has holes drilled in it. The second bottom is pushed all the way down until resting on the cones of the fixed bottom. You then pour water into the bucket until it floods up through the holes covering the second/false bottom about a half inch deep. This adds weight for ballast and lube for the line. I've also placed a 15-inch Sea Level bucket bottom in each of my Pleskunas buckets because I like the cones better than the originals.

Here's Stan's contact info:
    stanpleskunas@sbcglobal.net

Fumunda Marine Products
    1061 Elkhorn Rd.
    Watsonville Ca. 95076
    831 761 8324

Hope this helps,

Dan