With the on-going debates about spawning, and where to fish, where not to fish, closing the river, etc. I thought I would take the time to point out the number of areas I have been taught by others not to fish.

Although a closure above the Hazel bridge might do the river (and resource) well, realistically it's never going to happen.

Like it or not, we live near an ARTIFICIAL fishery, with genetically and man-made hatchery fish, artificially created spawning grounds, and the like.

And, it should be pointed out, that we are rather fortunate to have such a wonderful resource after all. We need to remember that the American watershed serves really to provide water conservation and flood control at this point; where millions can be safe from floods, can use the water to irrigate crops, and the water can turn potable so that we can drink it safely.

This artificial resource, like it or not, was created and keeps running not for the preservation of the ecosystem, or the biosystem, but primarily to provide recreation for humans. That's why we can catch fish and eat them. They're there for that purpose.

Here are a number of google maps that I put together to show the areas to avoid spawners, and preserve our resource accordingly.

If you know of any other areas that I have left out, please let me know and I'll add it to this list.

May be good to Sticky this thread?

Here's upper Sailor Bar:

Lower Sailor Bar (Sailor Bar Whore Island):

Upper Sunrise:

Sunrise Whore Island:

Middle Sunrise: