Thread: Received Some Nice Christmas Gifts for Fishing in 2014 !

Default Received Some Nice Christmas Gifts for Fishing in 2014 !

I Hope everybody had a real nice Christmas, I certainly did. I spent it with my family, wife, three kids, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, three grandkids, my mom and my wife’s mom. There is nothing better than being with close family at Christmas. I got some great gifts I will be using in my fishing adventures in the new year including my 2014 fishing license, some gift cards for the fly shop and a new life vest for my kayak. My kids gave me a beautiful framed picture of my grandson and I fishing together for the first time this last year. My new year’s resolution is to make a lot more pictures of him and I fishing together in 2014. Last but certainly not least on my list of fishing gifts was a beautiful handmade wooden fly box made by our own jbird here on Kiene’s. My wife picked up the box for me working secretly with Jay and the box certainly deserves some photos which I am happy to share here. Thanks Jay! The last shot shown here is the framed picture of my grandson and I. Best wishes including lots of bent rods for all of you in 2014!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 jays wood fly box.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	8155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 jays wood fly box.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	8156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 jays wooden box.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	8157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 flies in box.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	8158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new years resolution fishing with aaron.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	8159
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

I got a nice new Dewalt cordless drill & impact driver set for Christmas.

I used it to build a fences and gates at home.

Also using it to put up shelves at our new location for Fishwest Sacramento.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I sincerely appreciated your thoughts...my best wishes to you for 2014.

Thank You, Bob

Nice looking portrait and fly grain boxes you got there Bill! I will be getting something from Jay here in the near future. Retirement and building fences Bill, way to go! Marilyn's honeydew list just got a whole lot biggerFishing related I got a new cold weather fishing shirt... Hope I get to wear it this winter with this odd weather! A large travel tube that will handle up to 3 Spey rods and some cool new bookends!
    Check these out!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	8163
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	8164  
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 12-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Bill, it will be hard to find time to get out there fishing when you have lots of projects going with all those new tools you got for Christmas. Bob Thanks for those kind words. Mark, I am sure you will not be disappointed with whatever you might get from Jay. Looks like you did well in the “Christmas Fishing Gift” category like I did as well. Any others want to share what they got for Christmas
    Bluegrass and Beyond!

Looks like everybody did well.
    Fishing related goodies here where;

Better half is just starting to fly fish at 60, so Santa brought her the following;
    Redinton CT 9504, Sage 1850 reel, Nautilus FX 5 reel, Korker boots, Buck vest knife, and an Echo Micro practice rod.

Me; Hatch 4 Plus, William Joseph terrestrial rolling duffel (currently for sale in classifieds)

Us; Tight Lines Vacuum Mounts

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Kneedeep; 12-29-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Kneedeep, congrats, anytime we can get our better half to join us in our fly fishing escapades that is a really a positive thing meaning more fishing opportunities for us as well I know because my wife likes to fly fish as well. Lots of good gear there for both of you as well. Happy New Year!
    Bluegrass and Beyond!

Thank you, Bill.
    We've fished together for quite some time now. She'd gear fish and I'd fly fish.
    Last Sept we took a trip to Montana and she had her first casting lessons. The next day we did guided float on the Yellowstone. Watching her catch a ton of trout/whitefish just tickled the crap out of me. One of the best memories of my later years so far. We're off to Colorado this June. Both really looking forward to it.

That is great that she is now fly fishing with you. Awesome that you fished the Yellowstone together and now headed to Colorado in the new year. My wife and I have had some memorable trips including one to Alaska a number of years back. Below are a couple pictures from our Alaska trip. Last year we went to Yellowstone NP and did some fishing but spent more time going crazy taking pictures. She loves photography more than anything. Maybe the 4 of us should think about a fishing trip together sometime Have a great year fishing in 2014!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 alaska with fish.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	8176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alaska 1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	8177  
    Bluegrass and Beyond!

Nice fish!
    As far as fishing goes, the little woman has not yet retired. Her vac. time is already planned for the year.
    To my sadness, it ain't all fishing.