Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pay it forward

Default pay it forward

Here's an idea that "Seth" , a member of spey pages posted there about a week ago.
    ------------------
    -Hi everyone,
    Thought I'd try to start a thread where people can pass along things that they no longer have need for or for people to ask for something they may be in need of.
    Maybe one of the mods can sticky this if there is interest in keeping this going.

To start this off I have a lightly used, older Guideline, size XL wading jacket, that I won as a raffle prize at a clave a few years ago. I paid nothing for it and therefore don't feel right about trying to sell it. I'll send it along to the first person that speaks for it. Cover the shipping charges and it's yours. I'd like to keep it in the lower 48 so I don't have to mess with international paperwork. Jacket is gone, off to Shotgunner. ----
    -----------------

Anyways, I thought this was a terrific idea and wondered if the Kiene Krowd wanted to try something similar. I know
    that speypages have multiple sponsors and Kiene is a singleton; which means, if the Kiene folks object, then I retreat
    with no argument. It's kinda like the swapping of Christmas presents. "I got something that I don't use"; except you're "paying it forward" without any guarantee that you're going to get something. At last count, the speypages thread was nearing 170 posts.

Anyone interested?
    Best,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego 74 deg at 1614 hours.

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll attempt a start up. A Simms headwaters chest pack; used once.
    Three forward zippered pockets. $5 shipping and it's yours. What are you going to offer?
    Maybe we need to transfer this to the classifieds.
    Best,
    Larry S

Hey Larry ,I saw that post as well. I need to see what's in the man cave, but for now I have a box of flies! These are from the first day through the first year of sore cheeks siting at the vice. Most of these bugs are soft hackles to steelhead streamers. Great set of bugs if your just starting out! So for that matter I would prefer to give them to a swingin newcomer. Many of these flies have got a taste of a steelhead Anyhow first response in the lower 48 and there yours! Shipping on me. Happy holidays!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	8153

Hey Larry, Sounds like a great idea.. Ill take the headwaters pack. I'll offer up a box of steelhead flies. Pics to come...

Ok all, in the spirit of this thread, I'm offering up a box of 30 steelhead flies. Some stonefly nymphs, leeches, and various skunk patterns. As with Mark's offering it would be great if these went to somebody starting out. First, I'll take it gets them.
    Happy Holidays, Justin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	8160

Larry,

I think this is a great idea. So I would like to put on the board a wading staff a Flogstaff metal staff that just sits in my office. Lower 48 and or I will be at the ISE show. I can bring it then.

Larry I also sent you an email to answer your question.

Thanks Happy New Year Everyone
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Lance-

I could use that staff. Thanks for your generosity.

I'll look through my stuff and find something to contribute to this thread.

Happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Gray View Post
    Larry,

I think this is a great idea. So I would like to put on the board a wading staff a Flogstaff metal staff that just sits in my office. Lower 48 and or I will be at the ISE show. I can bring it then.

Larry I also sent you an email to answer your question.

Thanks Happy New Year Everyone

Default Pay it forward

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Lance-

I could use that staff. Thanks for your generosity.

I'll look through my stuff and find something to contribute to this thread.

Happy holidays!
    Collin it's yours. Email me for pick up.

Thanks
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

JTrick,
    PM your name and address. Pack is yours.
    Best,
    Larry S

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Hey Larry ,I saw that post as well. I need to see what's in the man cave, but for now I have a box of flies! These are from the first day through the first year of sore cheeks siting at the vice. Most of these bugs are soft hackles to steelhead streamers. Great set of bugs if your just starting out! So for that matter I would prefer to give them to a swingin newcomer. Many of these flies have got a taste of a steelhead Anyhow first response in the lower 48 and there yours! Shipping on me. Happy holidays!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	8153
    Mark, as you know I am (or will become), a beginning swinger! So, if the bugs are still available, I would gladly accept your gracious offer. Tony