Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other types of fish...

Everyone loves a great fight. But the grab is what its all about. Trout sip, bass maul... nuff said

Agree with all of the above. Fly fishing for smallmouth is very under-rated by some of the clue-less.
    Surf fishing is a blast, as well.
    Best,
    Larry S

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    You can tell who ever wrote that they have no idea what they are talking about. If bass are so lazy, then why are their millions upon millions spent each year just to catch them and no other fish.
    Ha ha yes, i agree. I had never heard of Largemouth bass being described that way which is why it came as a surprise to me. Every Largemouth I ever caught put up a great fight. In fact, Largemouth are often sought after specifically because of their fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Everyone loves a great fight. But the grab is what its all about. Trout sip, bass maul... nuff said
    Bass will definitely SMASH when they grab... just talking about this makes me yearn for warmer days! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Larry S View Post
    Agree with all of the above. Fly fishing for smallmouth is very under-rated by some of the clue-less.
    Surf fishing is a blast, as well.
    Best,
    Larry S
    Larry, I have only caught two small smallmouths in my entire lifetime but I have heard that they put up a crazy fight as well. In fact I have heard that for their size, they fight better than largemouths? Anyway, I cant wait to catch large and smallmouths on the fly!

Also, are you saying you go surf fishing with a fly rod? I have never heard of that?! sounds like a blast!

Nor,
    Hit the Sun Diego surf twice a week with the fly rod; waders, sinktip line, and stripping basket. if you really want to see
    fly rod vs surf, check out David and Candida @ http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...71-Off-to-Baja

Click on one photo and that should give you a slide show
    Best to you and Happy Holidays,
    Larry S

here are a couple i caught over the summer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	539620_538974316151068_715682977_n.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	8131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1150398_541039769277856_1426950603_n.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	8132

I fish for steelhead and steelhead and sometimes steelhead and if im not fishing for steelhead than I prefer to fish for steelhead. In fact Im always fishing for steelhead I somtimes I just happen to catch other species when im fishing for steelhead

Larry, and J-Bird, I'm going to have to check those out!!

Quote Originally Posted by my63wagon View Post
    here are a couple i caught over the summer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	539620_538974316151068_715682977_n.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	8131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1150398_541039769277856_1426950603_n.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	8132
    63 Wagon, nice ones! are those spots??

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyhunter007 View Post
    I fish for steelhead and steelhead and sometimes steelhead and if im not fishing for steelhead than I prefer to fish for steelhead. In fact Im always fishing for steelhead I somtimes I just happen to catch other species when im fishing for steelhead
    every try fishing for steel head? if not you should try it out! haha I will be trying for a steelhead here pretty soon!

It's all good.......anything that tugs on a line makes me happy to be there........bass of all species and shad are among my favorites, salmonids because they live in really nice places, panfish and carp for a local fix.
    Since I live near the coast salt is very attractive as well. Check out San Diego or Monterey Bay and everything in between. Salt water species have serious attitude with attention grabbing takes.
    Oh BTW, goes without mentioning.......steelhead have a very special place on my list.

hey fly right, what weight rod and reel do you use to surf fish?