Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are there any fish in the Yuba?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    I disagree about the majority of big ones jetting up. I believe most of the big ones stay below daguere at least based on my own experiences
    Wouldn't argue with that; haven't fished below the dam...

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan Brown View Post
    Amoeba you have a free seat in my boat any time you want and all it will cost you is that you stop talking down on guides, I will even buy you a turkey sand which and a bag of chips. You can see our boats are not “sinking in bullshit”, you do catch fin clipped fish on the Yuba, and it is possible to put 20 or so fish in the boat in one day for two anglers floating roughly 6 miles of river.
    You mean I could have gotten a free seat and lunch on your boat this past June if I did an 'amoeba' post?

Very classy move Hogan. Looking forward to harassing some local carp next season.

Thanks Mar…start bad mouthing guides and my good friends right now and by June you may get a half day trip with a half a bologna sandwich with a half empty bag of pork rinds from the floor of my truck. Good luck carp fishen!

Default No client reports = no client reports

Quote Originally Posted by jblack View Post
    I think I need to weigh in here about the guide issue or guide bashing and ameoba's insinuations. Interesting to me that guy using a pseudonym is insinuating a guide (or guides-- almost all of whom use their real names) whose boat he has never been in is making up numbers or his that his business lacks. First, I have been that boat a number of times on different rivers and know "said guide" well. No need for him to puff up numbers to sell days-- No BS there. Nor does he need every client posting (verifying ?) reports for more business and ego boost. It is not his style to make up numbers- integrity. If he says those were the numbers, those were the numbers.

As for the clipped fin issue, that picture Shig posted was my fish 24 inches and only one of many clipped fin fish I have caught on the Yuba. I could post others but will refrain. That one came from well above the 20 bridge.

I guess I would hope that people would think before they insinuate things about people, guides, and fish and fishing before they have yet to experience it.
    The following is fact, not an insinuation:

There hasn't yet been a post from a client of this guide .... not a one.... since his self-indulgent claim of December 11, 2013 of 25 fish "most days" (no kidding aside - this is one of his lower fish number claims). Really. Let's have it then. Anyone catch 25 fish with this guide on the Yuba on or around, December 11, 2013? How about anyone catching 25 fish between December 11 and December 30 (today). How about anyone at all catching 25 fish in a day during this period, guided or otherwise? How about any two people combined? Awww, what the heck....make it the whole month of December.

Let's hear it (some client reports from this past december of 25+ fish)...otherwise....the deafening silence speaks for itslef.

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    The following is fact, not an insinuation:

There hasn't yet been a post from a client of this guide .... not a one.... since his self-indulgent claim of December 11, 2013 of 25 fish "most days" (no kidding aside - this is one of his lower fish number claims). Really. Let's have it then. Anyone catch 25 fish with this guide on the Yuba on or around, December 11, 2013? How about anyone catching 25 fish between December 11 and December 30 (today). How about anyone at all catching 25 fish in a day during this period, guided or otherwise? How about any two people combined? Awww, what the heck....make it the whole month of December.

Let's hear it (some client reports from this past december of 25+ fish)...otherwise....the deafening silence speaks for itslef.
    Who cares? It is posts like yours that I no longer post any fishing reports on here.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I think most guides refer to fish "hooked" not fish catched since all they can do is put you on the fish, they cannot catch them for you. So, i would imagine the person you are referring to is talking about fish hooked not landed. Now i will say that i have never fully understood how a guide determines what is a fish "hooked" and what isnt. Is a "fishy" looking take a hook? I for one sometimes cannot tell for certain if a certain tug is a take or not unless i actually feel the fish.

25 fish hooked is not impossible on the Yuba if you happen to find a pod of fish feeding on eggs, but i will say that the Y has been pretty damn stubborn this month.

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    Your proposition won't work. Please follow this: http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/i...t-from-silence

...and now give it a rest and let's stop hijacking this thread.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

If anyone claims to truely have caught 25 fish in one day on the Yuba this past December, I'm sure that a first hand report would generate some interesting further discussion. Until then, I stand by original reply (post #3) without modification.

During the first two weeks of december I was hooking 10-12 fish and landing 5-6 fish per half day (about 3-4 hours). I was surprised that there were very few people on the river. It was pretty cold! For two people in a boat fishing all day that would equal about 40-48 fish hooked and 20-24 fish landed. The original post said about 20ish fish hooked, so I know and several other people know it is not that hard to hook 8-10 fish per day in early December. The guides backrow above the bridge and can easily hook 10-15 fish in the first hour of fishing before you even suit up....

I caught 25 fish yesterday. You can't call me a liar cause you have no proof that I didn't. Maybe no one wants to post it cause there'd be a heard of fisherman like yourself or to read your ignorant comments. Keep your negativity to yourself.
    Last edited by Rossflyguy; 12-30-2013 at 11:27 PM.