Thread: Teeny TS 250

Default Teeny TS 250

Anybody using the TS 250? How do you like it? Sounds like it might be great for Steel, shad and Stripers.

Thanks, Rye

I think Teeny was one of the first to really promote sinking head lines and where he fishes the most they are ideal for getting down deep especially for salmon and steelhead and stripers too. I've used them for years and like them fine for what I do most,,, mostly chase stripers.

Your question applies to the "TS" series rather than the "T" series, and also the "250" grain head. The TS is their saltwater version and uses a 30' head verses a T series with a 24' head. Other than that I find them about the same.

As for your 250 gr. part of the question, this has to do with the size of the rod you want to use it on. I would use a 250 gr. line (of any brand) on a 6 wt. or 7 wt. rod. A 250 gr. would be a little light for me on an 8 wt. rod especially for throwing large striper flies.

Use it on a 6 wt. or 7 wt. rod and you'll be happy.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I use the TS-250 on one of my Pyramid setups for fishing off a ladder. It works great for that application on an 8 weight rod. I also used the same setup for shad earlier this year. Seemed to work fine for that too. No complaints for the line

Thanks Guys I've got a reel on the way, for my 7wt, that's already loaded with it.
    Curious what it's like.

Ry,
    When I retired in 2000 and started surf fishing 2-3 days a week, I found that the Teeny sinktips had the absolute
    best system for integrating the sink portion to the rest of the line; be it floating or intermediate. The others
    (Rio, SA, and Airflo) had a noticeable hinge-ing effect. My one complaint with the Teeny lines was the coating
    that seemed to break down more rapidly; salt and sand is not a friendly environment. All of the lines now
    available are much, much improved since then. My current go to line is Rio's "Striper."
    One piece of advice; only strip off the length of line that you intend to cast. If you're fishing 50-ft of line and decide to
    fish at 30-ft, reel in the excess. You'll avoid some serious line twist!
    Those of us that started flyfishing in the 1960's or before just marvel at the changes and improvements that
    are present in today's gear. These can have an adverse effect on one's bank account. LOL.
    Best,
    Larry S