Hello Folks,

My name is Juan and I am new to the sport of fly fishing and brand new to these boards. I have been fishing consistently (spin fishing) for about 4 years now and I was introduced to fly fishing this May. I always dreamt of fly fishing but I thought I never really thought I would learn.

I have a blog where I met a friend and we decided to meet up and fish. The words, "I will bring my fly rod and teach you how to use it," were music to my ears. The first time I used a fly rod I found myself fishing a small creek, carved into a picturesque valley. I also caught and released five small trout. That was enough to hook me for life.

Soon after I bought myself a fly fishing outfit, a few flies and some accessories. I also just received my new stockingfoot waders and wading boots. I am waiting on my fishing vest and then I will be all set (for the most part).

I am new to this sport that some of you may have grown up learning. I do ask for your patience as some of my questions may seem silly or naive. I look forward to meeting you all and learning from your wisdom and experience.

Cheers,

-J.