Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Fly Rods and Reels

Default Amazing Fly Rods and Reels

My buddy Brian from Ye Olde English Fly Shop in Summerland Key in the beautiful Florida Keys is making some of the nicest rods I have ever thrown. The model is the QFX. I would compare it to a cross between a Sage XI2 and the GLoomis GLX Cross Current. The rods are from 3wt-12wt and retail for $160.00 with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. I have just purchased a whole quiver of new rods from him and my clients love them!! They are lightweight, yet load very easily and shoot the line with ease. They have a great backbone to whip any fish in short order.

I have been a guide in the Florida Keys for over 20 years and have had about every fly rod and reel known to man at one point.

Contact me and I will put you in touch with Brian directly. I still have a few dates open for tarpon season(March-June), if you are interested in landing a big poon!!

Capt JT Gabriel
    Bone~A~Fide Charters
    boneafidecharters@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Boneafidecharters; 12-10-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Adding new info

Cool Story Bro. Go spam someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by the_gnarwhale View Post
    Cool Story Bro. Go spam someplace else.
    WOW! Talk about rude!! Take a minute to see what else this guy has posted before jumping to conclusions "Bro" http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...flies-for-sale

I do know some forums prohibit this sort of blanket ad for any particular brand or shop in the classified ad section. I think the better course of action might be to post a couple of his rods for sale with a few photos. That would be a much more effective way to generate interest.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    WOW! Talk about rude!! Take a minute to see what else this guy has posted before jumping to conclusions "Bro" http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthre...flies-for-sale
    Uh, he's undercutting biz for Kiene's/Fishwest. I would say the Capt is the rude one?
    Last edited by aaron; 12-10-2013 at 09:49 PM.

He who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own…Is like one who takes a Dog by the Ears.

Abuse really hasn't been a problem here, in the handful of years I've been enjoying this forum -- perhaps due to our benevolent board overlords. Ignoring posts you suspect are abusive might still be an effective approach to squashing them without igniting the trolls.

Guess I imagine the moderators here (Which, by the way, am not sure who that is anymore) would have the discretion to identify spammers and deal with it swiftly and quietly rather than random forum members taking jabs at others. This site has a very long history of sales promotions from all kinds of professionals. Is every guide who advertises (blatently or subtly) here affiliated with Fishwest?

I really doubt a new member advertising a no name line of rods made by his buddy is going to undermine sales for the big reputable named rods from a legit fly shop.

I asked Bill about this a few years ago when folks were selling rods, etc. on the board cheaper than those he carried in the shop. His response was that it has never hurt him and he likes to help board members sell their old stuff and then they can come in and purchase whatever it is new that they want. That's quite generous of Bill.

The problem I see is that more and more of these offerings are not from regular board members trying to sell "used" equipment but are from guys actually selling "new" products. This "does" take away from sales that the store needs to continue it's operation profitably.

I owned a retail store for almost thirty years and I learned over that time that somebody, somewhere, is always going to be a little cheaper than you selling a similar product. What they don't (or can't) offer is customer service. Kiene's Fly Shop is one of the finest examples of "giving" customer service over the years it's been in business and I hope it continues with the new ownership.

Just my $.02, Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Thumbs up Classifieds....

Hmmm,.... This seems to be a periodic complaint. I understand the reasons mentioned as supporting for the owners of the shop and this BB, however, this ad seems to be more of a promo for a buddy. Many of the members on this BB have done the same thing, especially the guides. No problem with that or this for me.

Actually, I don't see how this promo rises to the level of competing with shops sales. There're several rod brands available here in the same price range that offer similar warranties. The named rod maker and the member are both located in the Florida Keys. That might be convenient for someone (a BB member) on the east coast But certainly not here.

Since the membership on this BB is not totally local, I agree with Bill about the ads not competing with the shops business....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown