Thread: Scott river

Default Scott river

I met a very nice couple that own a ranch on the Scott river. They've never fished the stretch of water that runs through their propery but said they see hundreds of salmon every year. They have offered to let me fish on there ranch and I can't find a whole lot of information about it. Any info would be great. Pm's are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Be sure to check the regulations.

I think the Scott doesn't have much flow in the summer and fall so it is more of a winter steelhead river like so many smaller tributaries.

Then you have to get the water just right. When it is low the fish are laying in the Klamath waiting for rain. Then when it rains they will shoot up the river and spawn in the winter. Then in a short time the water will be too low and clear.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I love fishing the Scott, if they own a "ranch", they are probably on the upper Scott. Lots of water rights conflicts continue up there. I fish 2-3 times of year after we start getting rains. Limited access points and rugged terrain always make it an adventure. The areas with the large smooth rocks in the mid canyon can be a real challenge when the temps drop due to freezing dew. Big half pounders/small adults are the norm, but all the fish I have caught have been wild and fun on 5 & 6 wt.rods. I will be fishing up there over the holidays on the Klamath, Scott & hopefully the Shasta. Lots of wildlife, bear, cougar, eagles. Bring a camera!

Thanks Rockman........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

locals arent too friendly in this part of the state. even if your minding your own business and being in the right, not uncommon to have issues. tread lightly

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully I'll be able to time it right and there will be water and fish in the system. I'm a pretty polite person I'll kill them with kindness.

have fun. really amazing part of the state up there. keep a close eye on your cooler. critters are bold.