Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Store Name

Default New Store Name

Bill built this business from scratch and the entire fly fishing community knows it as Kiene's. He is half way out the door and you drop his name TOTALLY. You have every right to do that but seems you could incorporate his name and legacy in the new name. Am not impressed that you changed the name to match the Sandy, UT store.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

I agree Gordon, kind of lame! Kiene's is so well known and the name should live on!

It ain't the same, boys. I used to drop good coin in there and haven't since the sale. Different vibe--hard to explain it. Of course, I've only been in twice in the last year...but I've fished more this year.

It's just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Peters View Post
    It ain't the same, boys. I used to drop good coin in there and haven't since the sale. Different vibe--hard to explain it. Of course, I've only been in twice in the last year...but I've fished more this year.

It's just not the same.
    So you are saying that the same staff just do not make you happy and satisfied?

Well I disagree. I enjoy going and speaking with all of them and I find everyone to be as helpful as they have always been.

Vibe remains the same for me.

Name change, well companies move fwd. Perhaps all of you devoted fans can errect a plaque to bill putting it under the watt bridge. A spot he talks of fishing on the American often in posts. this would be a nice tribute to a guy that has been in this city all these years building a spey and fly fishing community.

So then jethro will you start off the fund drive with a $150 donation?
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 12-06-2013 at 09:15 AM.

If you wanted the store name to stay the same then you should have bought it yourself. Bill gets to retire and a new person is continuing the store. Get a life people and stop complaining. Maybe no one should have bought the store, then the doors could have closed, people would have lost jobs and the name could have faded away instead of changing. Be glad we still have a store feet away from the new location.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    If you wanted the store name to stay the same then you should have bought it yourself. Be glad we still have a store feet away from the new location.

ahmen. as a small business owner it is hard as hell to stay alive these days. it is great that this store and the majority of the staff are still there and on a personal note the current staff have always been my point of contact since i moved to sacramento two and half years ago. for me there is no change.

Funny how things on this forum have been turning into a pissing match lately! The shop is still the best shop around with the best staff around. People have opinions , but for some opinions are like a$$holes... Every bodies got one! Thank you Bill, Marilyn and staff for all the great times at the shop!

as they say it is better to be pissed off than pissed on

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    as they say it is better to be pissed off than pissed on

Unless your into that kind of thing.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I guess I’m looking at this from a different perspective, I think changing the name of the store is the right thing to do. For better or worse the store has changed and it will not be the same, in the worst case if the store were to start going downhill would that not be the ultimate slap in the face.

I am happy just to have so many options in the area and I think I’m going to go spend some money at the store this weekend.

Bill is a class act, there are just not enough words to describe his contributions. Maybe we should just rename Watt to Kiene’s.