Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off to Baja ....

Default Off to Baja ....

.... For 7 weeks , starting Sunday .

We set up a Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/bigbajaadventure Check it out if you have a moment .

I'll try to do live updates , photos , videos and such , every day of the trip . Hitting the Abreojos/Estero Coyote/Laguna La Bocana area for several days , then down to the East Cape . Driving the length for the first time .... it should be interesting !!

You guys have fun freezing for Steelhead while I'm gone !!

D.~

Cool Drivin' da Baja.....

What a great adventure!! The last time I went with a group to Mulege' (2007) it was by van. Altho, that trip was not nearly as long as yours will be, I found Baja to be a really interesting place. The contrast between the pacific side of the peninsula and the gulf side is dramatic. Looking forward to reading your reports.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Safe travels (and wild tugs) for you and Candida bud. Have a fantastic trip!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Hoping I'm going to connect with them in Sun Diego on Sunday. My last dog was named Candida.
    She also loved the water. What a great time they have ahead of them!
    Best,
    Larry S
    Last edited by Larry S; 11-23-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Looking forward to following this trip on Facebook! Have a ball and be safe my friend!

You guys should have an excellent adventure.......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks , guys !

Life is short , and all too fragile - do it NOW , while you still can . Larry , I'll call you on the way down -

D.~

Bump to top. Fun! Fun! Fun!
    Best to the Kiene Kold fold,
    Larry

Larry - very sorry we missed you . Wound up taking a wrong turn (Thanks , google) and didn't get into La Mesa until late .

Quick update - East cape slow , but things turned around yesterday at the Lighthouse . 48 to Hand for me , 26 Green Jacks , 13 Pompano , 6 Peacock Razorfish , a rare Golden Trevally , a 4-Lb. 'Roo , and one unidentified . All on my Sage SP+ 6 wt . Fished Pink and Shrimp colored #4 Ghost Gotchas on 10 Lb. tippet . My Arms are a wee bit sore today ..... terrible , I know .

3 days at Campo Rene near Abreojos fishing Estero Coyote . No gillnetting there now for 5 years , and it is LOADED with fish ! 17 different species to Hand , 11 new ones . 142 fish in two , 5-hour sessons . Totally insane !! Ken Hanley , you can add Broomtail Grouper and Paloma Pompano to the Gold Buccaneer list !!!

Check the FB page link above for photos , hope you all are enjoying the balmy Sacramento weather -

D.~

David did you bring any tying gear with you? If so, don't forget to tie the Gold Buccaneer in a variety of sizes. Sometimes a smaller version #2 gets fish on a shy bite. Keep flying that Skull-n-Crossbones Flag.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!