Thread: aluminum boat protection from Rocks and Friction

Default aluminum boat protection from Rocks and Friction

Hey Gents,

I have a 1658 Alumaweld sled and would like to coat the bottom of the boat when hitting rocks going up river, and providing the ability to slide over rocks when drifting down river. I have real reviews on "Coat-It" Gator G4, Speed Liner 1000, and a few others.
    Any thoughts and experience with these products?
    I am looking at a Spring or early summer project, it seems most people recommend the temp be worm when apply these products.
    Also, If there are others interested in doing the same I have access to a large shop to get the work done. I figured 2 or more doing the same project might eliminate any errors.

Thanks and looking forward to your input.

Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delta.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	7922  

Further research I think I found a good product:
    http://www.allaroundangler.com/blog/...innie-frolich/
    http://airboatcoatings.com/

Where to buy: Plastic Maritime Corporation to act as the West Coast Distributor for the coating products and I am now taking orders. So give me a call or email me and I’ll hook you up and save you some money.
    North Fork Angling LLC – (509)594-2198 northforkangling@gmail.com

Frank,
    Darn, Darn, Darn, and double Darn,
    I just finished coating my 10' Drifter with Coat It. Coat It only coats 20sq ft. per can. $40 per can. Had used 2 and it still seems light to me. This product will be bookmarked for the next time I have to recoat.
    Thanks for the info, have read it all and watched the dog video. Looks like it will put gluvit and coat-it down the list for recoating boats.
    Dennis

Dan,

we have access good tool in the shop so if you are interested this spring let me know, we can knock them boat out in no time. Either El Dorado Hills or Rocklin MB.

Frank