Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency Alert!!!

I'm with Frank on this one.
    G-Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    No disrespect meant Charlie but I just can't conceive of the idea that a forestry employee, other than fire fighters, is designated as essential personnel or that anything other than campgrounds and portions of national parks are really closed. I can't see forestry people riding into the parks high places to tell backpackers they must leave as the park is closed but maybe there's one somewhere that's not that bright.

Are Sonoma, Shasta, Oroville or other federal lakes/reservoirs closed to fishing even tho it was said that vendors on federal lands will remain open?? Maybe the federally funded launching facilties.... But, I don't think so. Nor do I think a forestry employee would issue a citation to anyone going to one of those places to relax or fish from shore, regardless of the issuance of warnings. Makes about as much sense as a forester writing a citation for a person pulling off a thru road to rest on a side-road on federal land.

Remember, this is not a budget driven problem not a mandated closure. This congressionally caused idiocy will end up costing the feds in terms of respect and fee revenues in the long run. Just plain stupid....
    Exactly my thoughts as well...
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

I'm of the principal that the federal government needs to get in order starting with the White House! Seems like little kid games that these politicians (that take my hard earned money) are playing.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"