Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Government shutdown closes fishing on public lands?

Default Government shutdown closes fishing on public lands?

Just going through some of the consequences of the shutdown and I ran across this:

http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/u...Fact-Sheet.pdf

This is the line that caught my attention: "All activities will be canceled on federal lands and public buildings until the government
    reopens. This includes hunting and fishing activities on public lands."

-Ben

Default Gov't Shutdown....

LOL!!!! Good luck with enforcing that one. I'm certainly not going to cancel any of my activities on "public lands". All non-essential personnel are not at work. That most likely includes forestry types who aren't fighting fires....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    LOL!!!! Good luck with enforcing that one. I'm certainly not going to cancel any of my activities on "public lands". All non-essential personnel are not at work. That most likely includes forestry types who aren't fighting fires....
    but duck season, at the refuges, is about to start...

Duck season won't be starting at the Federal refuges.......

Go to the BLM web site.... All BLM lands are "Closed" to public access. Whether or not they can enforce it is not the question ! It the very idea that we the public are being told that we cannot access our own land. Why can't we? Because we keep electing the same idiots to government over and over.. Goes back to the definition of insanity.. Doing the same thing again and again while expecting different results... Why you all put up with non functional Demopublicans and Republicrats is beyond me.. NEVER vote for an incumbent, they'll come back and bite you in A$$ every time! Just open your eyes and look at the shape the USofA is in...Downright shamefull!

Mike

Default Votes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McKenzie View Post
    Go to the BLM web site.... All BLM lands are "Closed" to public access. Whether or not they can enforce it is not the question ! It the very idea that we the public are being told that we cannot access our own land. Why can't we? Because we keep electing the same idiots to government over and over.. Goes back to the definition of insanity.. Doing the same thing again and again while expecting different results... Why you all put up with non functional Demopublicans and Republicrats is beyond me.. NEVER vote for an incumbent, they'll come back and bite you in A$$ every time! Just open your eyes and look at the shape the USofA is in...Downright shamefull!

Mike
    Mike

So we Vote and then they send Our Votes to Spain to be counted.. How safe is that???Sorry If this is toooooo political but We sill have free speach Right????

Frank

Never would i hesitate to go walk through a national forest (i.e. federal land) simply because the gov says we cant because they are "shut down." Our gov is no longer a beacon, it is simply a turd, that should be respected like a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    Never would i hesitate to go walk through a national forest (i.e. federal land) simply because the gov says we cant because they are "shut down." Our gov is no longer a beacon, it is simply a turd, that should be respected like a turd.

This, plus you can't shine a turd.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    This, plus you can't shine a turd.

You can wrap it with aluminum foil wrap and it will some what shine
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Looks like we are just a baby step away from closed highways (Fed), Marshall law, and total meltdown.
    What happened to the "Land of the free"?
    Maybe the American Empire has run it's course.
    I'm going fishing.............Not on the "upper" Forest service section of the Truckee naturally,.......CA. water is still open, for now.

I heard that you can drive through Yosemite, but don't try to stop.......

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 10-04-2013 at 10:31 AM.