Thread: Delta stripers - topwater fun

Default Delta stripers - topwater fun

Previous two posts got lost. Maybe third time's a charm?

Went for a quick Saturday morning session with my better half.
    First couple of spots on the San Joaquin looked perfect but got no love from the fish. Good tides, lots of sky cover, very little wind….perfect topwater conditions…..hopes were really high but it just didn’t happen. Made a long run upriver and saw some signs of activity.

When you see these guys working, you’re in for a good time:

And we did. Lots of smaller fish in a feeding frenzy and got a bunch of them to smack my topwater offerings. I was giggling like a schoolgirl and she had a blast trying to get some blow-up shots:

Nothing big, but a lot of action. I was more than thrilled that they went crazy for my new home-made topwater flies:

Bite died down after an hour or so. We made our way back to the ramp and fished deep for a bit.
    Got a couple of these chunkers:

Pulled the boat out just as the rain started coming down hard.
    Another nice outing with my homegirl. Things are looking up in the mighty Delta.

WOW - these are great shots! My heart's a thumpin' just looking at them! LOL...

Can't wait to get out there!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Thanks Robin,
    Hope you had a decent trip over the weekend.
    I went out Saturday with my wife. We got 3-4 topwater takes, one of which was a nice fish that missed the fly. Got some dinks and schoolies on clousers as well.
    Ran into Hatch as well. He hooked us up with a killer breakfast burrito. The dude's a class act all the way. All I had to offer in return was an ugly bobber fly.

Mar